By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

methotrexate and going back to work

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Mariaf

methotrexate and going back to work

Post by Mariaf »

Hello

I have recently had methotrexate and am bleeding quite heavily at the moment and still having blood tests done. Work starts again tomorrow and I’ve already said I am not in tomorrow due to me having hospital appointment. I feel totally in shock, exhausted a whole host of things and I can’t quite process that this has happened to me. I only found I was pregnant 24 hours prior to receiving news it was ectopic and something I never thought would happen to me. Has anyone got any advice for me as my partner goes back to work tomorrow and feeling a bit lost at the moment

Natalie42

Re: methotrexate and going back to work

Post by Natalie42 »

Hi, I am really sorry for your loss and everything you've been through. I am in a similar position as I had methotrexate last week and am still going for blood tests and am back to work tomorrow! It is a horrid time :( I am one of the unlucky people who have had multiple ectopic pregnancies (this was our third, second time of methotrexate) so I have a little bit of experience having been through it before. I would say you should go with your gut feeling: if you don't feel ready to go back to work then ask the doctor to sign you off and give yourself time to properly recover. On the other hand, I like my job so I found being back at work was actually a good thing because it gave me something else to focus on and a good reason to get up and put makeup on and get out of the house - because I find myself really struggling if I stay at home too much (which is basically all I have done the last 2 weeks :))
I hope you feel a bit better soon and your HCG levels come down quickly. xx
PS please don't take my experience of 3 ectopic pregnancies as the norm because if this is the first one your chances of having a healthy pregnancy are really good and I am just unlucky I think

Mariaf

Re: methotrexate and going back to work

Post by Mariaf »

Thanks

I just am so so tired and have a demanding job working with children in a school as a teacher so at the moment I don’t think I can and think I would just end up in tears but feel very guilty I am off