By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic pregnancy, Beta HCG level 17235!!!!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kay39

Ectopic pregnancy, Beta HCG level 17235!!!!

Post by Kay39 »

My heart goes out to you all ladies who have been or suffering from ectopic pregnancy.
I have had a positive pregnancy test 6 days post period delay. And started bleeding the day after. However, the blood was very light in color and watery. Then it stopped the day after.
I waited 3 days but noticed pregnancy symptoms increasing with time, that’s why I decided to go see my doctor.
She performed a blood test and found my ECG level was sky high and was quite confused herself :(
She sent me for an ultrasound and the doctor confirmed EP on the far end of my right tube just where the tube attaches the womb. This was extremely rare she said, i went back to my gynecologist and she seemed quite in shock again gave me a shot of Methotrexate injection.
It’s my second day and no bleeding has started, only very mild cramps and nausea????!!!! (Is this normal)
She asked me to repeat the blood test in 4 days and hopefully the hormone will drop by then.
Now, i am so thankful if anyone can be of any help and let me know if that huge amount of hormone is ok??
thanks again and appreciate any comfort

EPT Host 20

Re: Ectopic pregnancy, Beta HCG level 17235!!!!

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Kay39,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
It is not uncommon to start bleeding a few days after the injection and this bleeding can last between a few days and up to 6 weeks.

For your information, the hCG level often rises on the day four blood test because the action of Methotrexate is not instantaneous, so the cells will have continued to divide for two or three days after the injection was given, and some cells release more hCG when they start to disappear. Your doctors are looking to see a drop in your hCG value of at least 15% between days four and seven. If there has not been a 15% drop, this is when the doctors will consider a second dose of Methotrexate or surgery.

We have more information on treatment with methotrexate injection here
https://ectopic.org.uk/patients/treatment/

Methotrexate is most effective in the earlier stages of pregnancy, usually when the pregnancy hormone ‘beta hCG’ level is below 5000 mIU/mL but I do not know the policy at your particular hospital and as I am not medically trained, I cannot comment on individual cases. I would advise that you do not undertake any strenuous exercise or lifting or housework while your hCG levels are dropping. If you experience any worsening pain, should tip pain or feel dizzy and unwell, please seek urgent medical advice
Also allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally. We will be here for you for as long as you need.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Kay39

Re: Ectopic pregnancy, Beta HCG level 17235!!!!

Post by Kay39 »

Dear Karen,
Thank you so much for your help and support, i am trying my best to stay positive and fingers crossed the tests will show good news on Saturday.
Thanks again. ❤️