By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnant soon after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Enders7

Pregnant soon after ectopic

Post by Enders7 »

Hi,
Never posted in here before (I also think I’ve managed to post in 2 different places, for a 24 year old I am rubbish with this stuff lol) just wondering if anyone has had this or could give me some reassurance. I had emergency surgery 5 weeks ago after finding out I had an ectopic pregnancy (right tube removal due to rupture). I’ve had sex once since, 2 weeks ago (I checked that I wasn’t ovulating) and I have just found out I am pregnant again.. I bled for a few days after my surgery but haven’t had a proper period since, let alone 2. Obviously we weren’t planning to try again so soon but had anyone had this and got any success stories? I’m so nervous but I’ve got an appointment Monday so hoping that will put my mind at rest.
Thank you

EPT Host 20

Re: Pregnant soon after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Enders7,
Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy,
Whilst we would advise waiting for two menstrual cycles before trying to conceive again, you haven't been treated with an injection of methotrexate, so I would be less inclined to worry.
Having said this, I sadly have to remind you that if you experience any unusual bleeding, abdominal pain, shoulder tip pain, bladder or bowel problems or feel dizzy and unwell to seek urgent medical advice.

After an ectopic pregnancy, finding we are pregnant again can be a mix of emotions and I can completely understand your feeling nervous. It is perfectly normal to feel scared after the ordeal you have endured. I also felt twinges and aches after my ectopic pregnancy, particularly when I next felt pregnant. My mind started racing and I was only really able to relax to some degree after my early scan. It is a nerve-wracking time and you have a friend here who understands how you are feeling.

Speaking from UK medical practice and standards, usually doctors carry out an internal transvaginal scan at around six weeks with subsequent pregnancies after an ectopic. This is because there is a reasonable chance of seeing an embryo around this six week mark.
We advise contacting your local EPU, reminding them of your ectopic pregnancy and booking an appointment. If you are unable to self refer, contact your GP who will be able to do this for you.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team