By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Laparoscopy/Salpingectomy - Ectopic Pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
mrsmoz

Laparoscopy/Salpingectomy - Ectopic Pregnancy

Post by mrsmoz »

Good Evening All,

Thank you for creating such an informative, comforting place. I have been reading many of your posts over the past few days and have been educated, reassured and cheered up by them.

I recently lost our baby to Ectopic Pregnancy, which was found under laparoscopy last Thursday and subsequently removed along with my right tube. We had a rough ride getting a diagnosis, initially being diagnosed as a miscarriage following an empty scan to then receive a call following HCG blood tests to say levels had doubled as would be expected in a continuing pregnancy. Luckily I knew there wasn’t to be a happy ending, but it still played with our minds a little. Anyway, long story short, another scan revealed nothing and a wonderful doctor ordered urgent surgery to explore - which saved my life!

I’m home and healing now, but not finding this ride too easy. Just wondering if anyone has any words of advice which have helped them push through and stay positive? Today’s been my worst day so far, feeling under a dark cloud. I’m a positive person generally but really couldn’t find that in me today. I tried to do my hair a little and pop some nail varnish on to feel a little more “me” but gave up shortly after, wondering why I was bothering?!

I also wondered how everyone’s recovery from this surgery was? This evening I’ve started to experience some right sided discomfort/cramp very similar to the niggle which appeared a week ago. Obviously it can’t be the same cause as all has been removed, but it’s scary feeling that same sensation. Just wondering if this is normal perhaps and maybe just things settling back down?

I was far from a text book case, so don’t anticipate my recovery to be :roll:

So grateful for any words of wisdom or anything which you found helped you.

Love, hugs and lots of girl power to you all xxx

Leahsmith

Re: Laparoscopy/Salpingectomy - Ectopic Pregnancy

Post by Leahsmith »

Hello lovely,

I had my right tube removed 4 weeks ago after a traumatic emergency op and it took me to about 5 days ago to start to feel a bit like my old self again. I've still got pain on my right side, I think it must be healing and scar tissue forming and I feel in general a bit like I have period pains on and off but I'm feeling physically and emotionally a lot stronger.

The first 2 weeks I found very difficult and I felt extremely lost and lonely but as they say time does help things improve.

Lots of love,

Leah x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear mrsmoz,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Experiencing an ectopic pregnancy is a huge ordeal and you are in the early stages of recovery. Your body needs time to heal from your surgery which is in itself a gruelling task. You have also had to process the loss of your baby and been through an immense rollercoaster of emotions - all of this will take time to come to terms with.

You should take it very easily for about six weeks after surgery. Your body will be using its energies to heal internally. It is normal to feel physically and emotionally exhausted during this time and please do be kind to yourself. Recovery can take time and some days will be better than others, one day you maybe ok and the next you maybe in discomfort or more emotional. This is perfectly usual and the healing process will go back and forth in this way for however long you need. It is important to listen to your body's signals and pain and feeling tired are your body's signs to tell you to rest. We suggest keeping a healthy balanced diet, drinking lots of water and resting. Once your wounds have healed, very gentle exercise such as a short walk can help, but please do take this slowly.

Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally. We will be here for you for as long as you need.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

MrsHodgkin

Post by MrsHodgkin »

Hi Mrsmos!
Sorry to hear about your loss. I’m 5 weeks post op today!....it does get easier I can assure you!
They initially started monitoring me as like yourself I had a scan and they couldn’t locate it....had a few more scans and constant bloods done...was told I was miscarrying 2 weeks later, then gained an ‘ache’ in my groin - called the EPU they assured me it wasn’t a sign and to rest up!......the next morning I was rushed in to emergency surgery as my tube had ruptured! :roll:
Yesterday I gained my AF back (albeit pretty heavy!! :( ) and I ovulated last week so that is certainly comforting to know my body is returning to normal! :)
I do still get niggles and take painkillers as and when but overall I feel pretty good!
Sending you hugs! Hopefully we will all get our little bundles of joy in the near future! Xxx

Petitkiwi

Post by Petitkiwi »

Hello,

Had similar experience nearly 6 weeks ago. If you are worried about pains and niggles, you can request an Hcg bloodtest and/or a scan (we did, to make sure things were indeed over and body returning to normal).

You might need to be a but "loud" in your request but it is definitely available!