By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Follow up?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Petitkiwi

Follow up?

Post by Petitkiwi »

Hello,

I had an undiagnosed ectopic pregnancy removed on January 10th.

I saw 3 doctors in December, with pain, no periods and being very open about trying to conceive (but negative home pregnancy tests). None of them ever mentioned, or tested, ectopic pregnancy.

On the 10th of January I was in New Zealand, having been bleeding and in pain for 2 weeks - I thought that, surely, if it had been ectopic one of the doctors would have done something.

Anyway, baby was thrown with the trash (we didn't know I was pregnant until I beat died), I had my left tube removed and had to fly back 5 days post operation.

My GP here has been useless from start to finish. Now, 6 weeks post-OP, am I supposed to get a follow up appointment? I have read somewhere that, should my surgery have happened here, I would get some form of post-OP care?

Physically I am mostly fine, just depressed, exhausted and with no hope of ever conceiving again. The healthcare system just seems to not have worked at all.

MrsHodgkin

Re: Follow up?

Post by MrsHodgkin »

Hi petitkiwi!
Sorry to hear of ur loss! I had my right tube removed on 7.1.20 here in the UK - I am 6 weeks post op today and haven’t had any follow up appointments! They discharged me the day after emergency surgery for a ruptured tube and that was it! No aftercare what so ever!
I guess they rely on u going to your GP if you feel something is wrong.
Sending you much love xx

Bhakti

Re: Follow up?

Post by Bhakti »

Hi so sorry to hear about your loss. I think it may depend on what type of Surgery you have had. My first ectopic was keyhole and I never had any follow up appointments with either the hospital or gp. My second surgery was the open surgery and I did have a 6 week follow up then with the hospital. X