By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

2x methotrexate and then surgery. My questions

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Murray2000

2x methotrexate and then surgery. My questions

Post by Murray2000 »

Hi everyone just want to ask a few questions about what’s ‘normal’ after 2x methotrexate injections and surgery, I’m 19 and wasn’t planning pregnancy. The methotrexate failed to work and I started internally bleeding from my right Fallopian tube.
I’m just over 2 weeks post op and 3 weeks from methotrexate, I’m still in quite abit of pain and finding it especially difficult to pass urine, I had a catheter fitted for a few hours. I went to my gp around a week after my operation and he treated me for kidney/uti infection but there’s no improvement at all. I went to a&e with pain in my right side again similar pain to before my operation to be sent home after the doctor said that I was being sensitive with a poor pain threshold and also said to a nurse that it was elective for me to have surgery. I’m completely confused by everything and finding it difficult to process my emotions.
I feel like I haven’t been told much of what happens next, I’m still feeling dizzy every time I stand up and loosing my eyesight, I can hardly walk when I wake up with a full bladder. I just want to know if this is all normal?

Murray2000

Re: 2x methotrexate and then surgery. My questions

Post by Murray2000 »

Murray2000 wrote:Hi everyone just want to ask a few questions about what’s ‘normal’ after 2x methotrexate injections and surgery, I’m 19 and wasn’t planning pregnancy. The methotrexate failed to work and I started internally bleeding from my right Fallopian tube.
I’m just over 2 weeks post op and 3 weeks from methotrexate, I’m still in quite abit of pain and finding it especially difficult to pass urine, I had a catheter fitted for a few hours. I went to my gp around a week after my operation and he treated me for kidney/uti infection but there’s no improvement at all. I went to a&e with pain in my right side again similar pain to before my operation to be sent home after the doctor said that I was being sensitive with a poor pain threshold and also said to a nurse that it was elective for me to have surgery. I’m completely confused by everything and finding it difficult to process my emotions.
I feel like I haven’t been told much of what happens next, I’m still feeling dizzy every time I stand up and loosing my eyesight, I can hardly walk when I wake up with a full bladder. I just want to know if this is all normal?