By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Resuming conception boosting vitamins and folic acid

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Chrisam

Resuming conception boosting vitamins and folic acid

Post by Chrisam »

I’m 4 weeks post op. I had a laparoscopic Salpingectomy due to ectopic pregnancy in my left tube. I feel very low and am trying to bounce back. I also have pcos and hence need to keep my body regulated and healthy. I had been taking folic acid and other supplements but stopped for this phase. Although I am going to wait two cycles before trying again I am keen to know when I can resume taking supplements again. Thanks in advance. Xx

EPT Host 22

Re: Resuming conception boosting vitamins and folic acid

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Chrisam,

The Trust recommends taking folic acid for at least 12 weeks prior to conception. This is important as a shortage of folate could lead to neural tube defects in a developing embryo and the supplement is needed for the healthy development of the embryo.

With good wishes,

Michele

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, fundraising, or by volunteering?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

mariahbee

Re: Resuming conception boosting vitamins and folic acid

Post by mariahbee »

I was wondering the same thing when I came out of surgery. I'm 6 weeks post-op and just resumed my prenatals and other supplements, as we're hoping to try again in a few months and you should have at least 3 months worth of stores (mostly for folic acid) before conceiving. I only took a break after surgery because during recovery, the last thing you want to keep on top of is your baby-making vitamins while grieving your loss (also, they're expensive)!! As far as I know there is no reason you should NOT be taking your supplements, I'd go ahead and resume, especially if you are planning on trying again within the next 3 months. :)