By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

First ectopic pregnancy .. advice please

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Tiffanie247

First ectopic pregnancy .. advice please

Post by Tiffanie247 »

Hi, sorry for the long message I’m just really concerned at the moment and don’t really know where else to turn, so I found out 3 weeks ago I had suffered a miscarriage from my womb which was bad enough, then 2 weeks ago after going back for check ups I found out I am suffering from a miscarriage in my ovary. I have been back to the hospital today and they think the best option would be for me to pass this naturally as it has now moved to the end of my Fallopian tube. I am not really having any bleeding but have been told now but have been told I have some internal bleeding but that it isn’t serious .. I’m very confused concerned and googling things isn’t really helping .. just hoping someone here may be able to help?
Thank you all so much in advance

EPT Host 20

Re: First ectopic pregnancy .. advice please

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Tiffanie247,
I am so sorry to hear of your miscarriage and now ectopic pregnancy. To experience one loss is difficult, to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.
Sadly I am not medically trained and with limited information it is difficult to advise on your individual case.
I would presume that your medical team are either monitoring you with regular blood tests to monitor your hCG levels and/or giving you follow up scans. If not, I would ask what their monitoring procedures are going to be for you.
Sadly I do have to remind you that if you experience any unusual bleeding, abdominal pain, shoulder tip pain or feel dizzy and unwell to please seek urgent medical advice.
During this time be gentle with yourself and we advise that you do not do any exercise or heavy lifting.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Tiffanie247

Re: First ectopic pregnancy .. advice please

Post by Tiffanie247 »

Thank you Karen, honestly I just want it to be over now I haven’t really felt as though I can grieve as I am still going through so much they said they believe it is a heterotopic pregnancy that I had which is extremely rare as I conceived naturally.
They are monitoring and getting me in for blood tests and scans every week, but because it has travelled from my ovary to the end of my Fallopian tube naturally they want to try to let it pass naturally if not they will have to intervene. I’m just worried and scared, I have tried speaking to my GP but that wasn’t much help, I feel mentally and emotionally drained and although my partner has been supportive I feel alone :(