By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pelvic pains after exercise, 2 months after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.

Pelvic pains after exercise, 2 months after ectopic

Post by 19457 »

Hi all,

I just wondered if anyone had experienced similar to me. I was discharged mid January after having methotrexate treatment for an ectopic pregnancy, and I haven’t done exercise properly since. Today I went for an hour long fast walk, and around 40 minutes in I had a bit of pelvic aching. I continued home for another 20 minutes and this evening I’ve still got slight pelvic aching. It’s not painful, but I haven’t had anything like this since my treatment and so feel slightly concerned, just wondered if anyone else had had similar after methotrexate? Maybe the exercise has encouraged some movement of sorts.

Any similar experiences would be really helpful. Thanks,

Sophie

EPT Host 20

Re: Pelvic pains after exercise, 2 months after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Sophie,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I too felt pain and twinges regularly after my treatment with methotrexate. It can sometimes be due to everything settling after treatment of you maybe preparing to ovulate. Many women, including myself experience ovulation pain following ectopic pregnancy when they hadn't before.
If the pain persists, I suggest keeping a pain diary noting when the pain appears, the intensity on a scale of 0-10 and anything that helps the pain eg resting, hot water bottle, paracetamol etc. Visiting your doctors with this information helps them to assess how best to manage your symptoms.
I did just this after my pain persisted for many months, I was referred to gynaecology for further investigations.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Post by 19457 »

Hi Karen,
Thank you very much for your response.
I suddenly thought after I posted that it could be pre ovulation pain, and it would coincide with the correct timings for it so I think this is likely the case. I will keep an eye out and note any further pains. Do you mind me asking what happened when they referred you?
Many thanks

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Hi 19457,
I don't mind at all but unfortunately it won't be much help.
I had an internal scan and they thought my ovary was actually attached to my fallopian tube, but couldn't be sure so I was scheduled for an exploratory procedure. I however fell pregnant before I had the procedure so never had it done. After my pregnancy I never had the pains again although, even now (9 years on) I still experience ovulation pain, which I never did before my ectopic pregnancy.
I'm sorry, that I wasn't able to offer more advice, but keeping a diary does help.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Alza0303

Post by Alza0303 »

Dear 19457,

I hope you don't mind me hijacking your post but I was wondering if you could tell me how your recovery post methrotrexate was. I had one injection nearly a month ago (10 Feb) and was discharged yesterday with an hcg of 7. The problem is, I still don't feel well. I'm really tired and weak, nuasea & dizziness on and off, I have abdominal pain (the location keeps changing, sometimes it feels like my stomach, sometimes my liver or diaphragm etc.), sometimes the pain seems to be because of movement, sometimes it just comes and goes by itself. I just generally feel like something's just ... wrong in there and all I want to know is if this is normal still a month after or if maybe there has been some complication.
I haven't been able to find any information about how long the recovery time is supposed to take and the doctors just shrug and say the pains are probably because of something different (??!!).

Would you mind telling me how you felt the first few weeks after your shot and how long it took you to start feeling "normal"?

Thank you so much!

Post by 19457 »

Hi Alza0303,

I don’t mind at all!

I was discharged a month after having an injection of methotrexate, I was fortunate in that I didn’t seem to have a lot of side effects, although I did rest up a lot until I was discharged, it was over Christmas and I didn’t do an awful lot until I was discharged as I was tired, emotionally drained and anxious about the prospect about still potentially rupturing. I do remember a few occasions of dizziness and a slight discomfort in the abdominal/potentially liver area but I can’t remember the exact dates of this. I didn’t have much discomfort though and I haven’t really felt anything up until a few days ago when I had the pain which I’ve put down to ovulating. Keep note of any discomfort you feel though, as you have only just been discharged I’d imagine your body must still be processing everything. The most pain I had was actually a few days before being discharged, which was quite scary and the worst instance that I had had throughout, but after taking paracetamol it was ok and I was fine after that. Sorry this probably isn’t very helpful, you’ve only just been discharged though so I would just make a note of any discomfort and give you body a bit of time in the meantime. Of course if you experience any pain that concerns you more I would go and get checked out, and trust your instincts with it too. It’s a scary time, but we’re all here - and many other people have had similar experiences with side effects if you look back on other posts too.
X