By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pregnant after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
zmc88

Pregnant after ectopic

Post by zmc88 »

Hi,

Last year in May I found out that I was pregnant. Two days after, I started bleeding and was later informed that the it was an ectopic pregnancy. I was first treated with methotrexate, which didn’t work as it was supposed to, so later I had a surgery where my left fallopian tube was removed.

Now at this moment I feel very lucky to be pregnant again. I am in my 6th month and everything is going fine – except this one thing. I still experience some pain on my left side where I had the fallopian tube removed. It’s like someone has hit me there and the bruise is not gone get. Has anyone experienced that? Is it normal to have pain when you get pregnant again?

EPT Host 20

Re: Pregnant after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear zmc88,
Congratulations on your pregnancy,
Abdominal pains in pregnancy can be common, a stitch like pain can be due to stretching of ligaments.
I have added an NHS website on pain during pregnancy here-

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/pregnancy ... -pregnant/

However as pain is so subjective and as you are pregnant I would always advise speaking to your midwife or GP about any pains you are experiencing.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

kal0605

Post by kal0605 »

Hi,
I hope someone wud be able to help me with this anxiety I m going through.

I had an ectopic pregnancy in right tube just at the juncture of ovary n tube..It was last November and had to go through laproscopy on 8th Nov.. I was 7+ weeks pregnant that time..
Fortunately, my tubes were saved and milking of tube was done...

In December I got HSG test done which shows that right tube is functionally blocked but my doctor said that HSG report is not always accurate because sometimes tube goes into spasm n so it shows blocked in HSG test...

I m again planning for pregnancy and so underwent follicular study this month to confirm the ovulation.
It was confirmed on 8th day of period this month that I m ovulating from right side...
Doctor has asked me try to conceive naturally on the day of ovulation...
I m really anxious if again something goes wrong cuz I m ovulating from right so it wud again go in the right tube...
Fingers crossed...
Someone please help me if u ve gone through same situation...
Is it possible that left tube wud pick up egg from right ovary? Or right tube will only pick?
I m really worried...n want to do that what should be done in order to avoid ectopic again in right tube as I m Ovulating from right ovary...
kal0605

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Kal0605,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and continued worry.
Sadly I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your queries.
The end of the fallopian tubes have small finger like structures called fimbriae that hover close to the ovaries and catch the released egg. The egg will most probably go towards the closest fimbriae which I should imagine are the closest ones to it.

It is normal to feel anxious about the future. We experience a mix of emotions from wanting to try again to being petrified of what may lie ahead. We never forget our babies, but we can learn to accept what happened. It is a slow process that might be weeks or months ahead. In time, we can get to a place where we feel comfortable trying again.
Importantly early scans avail. As soon as you know you are pregnant, contact your local EPU to inform them and book in for an early scan at around six weeks. Remind them of your previous ectopic pregnancy. This self refer route is the best route in our view. Hopefully you will have some comfort to know you are under the radar of medical professionals right away.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

kal0605

Post by kal0605 »

Thanks a lot karen for ur words of console... My fingers crossed... I just hope I come up to this platform again with positive story of my rainbow baby... So that it may inspire other women on this platform going through same situation..