By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Periods and hcg

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Nylz_07

Periods and hcg

Post by Nylz_07 »

Hi ... Thank you for the opportunities to be one of this group. Im in my molar pregnancy last August and had a result of 77966mIU Doctor gave me a shots of methotrexate. I got a positive result on Pt why I did a blood examination last January resulting of 920mUI and went to OB and said that was the reason why I got a positive result and the also the reason why my period haven't yet back. Wait until it fallen back to normal and got my period.
On last February, finally I have my 1st period since diagnosing on my molar pregnancy. I'd used a lot of PT and the result is not constant sometime look like a positive with very faint 2nd line and sometime look likes negative with have evaporation 2nd line. Decided to have a blood test again and resulting of 41.70mIU. I am confuse why I still have a higher hcg after my 1st period ?? Is this normal ? Do I need another treatment or just wait for a little bit of time ?

EPT Host 22

Re: Periods and hcg

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Nylz_07,

I'm so sorry to hear that you are experiencing an ectopic pregnancy. It can be a confusing time, and while I'm not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation, I will do my best to help.

Everyone is different in how they respond to methotrexate and how long it takes for the HCG levels to come down. You can read a bit more on the Trust's website about the treatment with methotrexate: http://www.ectopic.org.uk/patients/treatment/. As you are having concerns, I would recommend following up with your GP. You may consider keeping a diary of what you are experiencing and list of questions to take along with you.

Please know this is a safe space for your thoughts and concerns, and we are here for you for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

*******************************************************************************************
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation, by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at http://www.ectopic.org.uk
Email us at ept@ectopic.org.uk.
Our helpline is 020 7733 2653 (available Monday to Friday 10am - 4pm).
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team.
******************************************************************************************