By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic surgery 2 weeks now

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Aud82

Ectopic surgery 2 weeks now

Post by Aud82 »

Hi I just got my stitches out from my ectopic pregnancy and the nurse wasn't sure if they took the full tube out or just the pregnancy. I've just phoned and they have now I have mixed emotions because to me it will reducing the chances by then I read on line that it more likely to go down because you only have one tube. And 82

EPT Host 20

Re: Ectopic surgery 2 weeks now

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Aud82,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
The doctors may have a better idea of what surgery you had from your discharge summary letter.
If this isn't clear, I would advise speaking to the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) at your local hospital who will be able to access your hospital notes and advise you accordingly.
We have more information on the types of surgery here.
https://ectopic.org.uk/patients/treatment/

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Aud82

Post by Aud82 »

Thank you its definitely been removed by the laparoscopic they said. Some days are good but other days i just feel numb and dead inside

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Aud82,
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal.
Please be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Aud82

Post by Aud82 »

Thank you. I thought me and my partner were on the same page we have four children between us and the babby we lost i count that aa well. If someone was to ask me i would count it in as well as we got 4 between us and lost one he said in his opinion he wouldnt count the one we lost. Which totaly broke my heart last night i was in tears and had to sleep up the stair because i didn't want to be anyway near him any advice he got problem understand oeople feelings.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Aud82,
I'm sorry to hear that it is affecting your family in this way.
We do have a Men's Space board with some really good posts from men that might help you both understand each others feelings, perhaps you could look at those together.

Whilst your feelings are normal at this stage of recovery, if the bad days start to outweigh the good, we at the Trust believe that talking through what happened and your emotions as and when you can helps the healing process. We operate a helpline service and there's no pressure whatsoever but if you would ever like the opportunity to speak over the phone to someone who has been through a similar experience, do feel free to call, details are below. We can take things at your pace entirely and you are free to ask any questions that are on your mind. You can talk about the ordeal you have been through and express your feelings to vent and let off some steam. We can exchange emails too, if you prefer that route. We'll simply be here for you, however you wish and for as long as you wish.

In addition, you can ask to see a GP at your practice and ask them to explore ways in which you can get help and this can include referrals for "talking therapies" or counselling. We have information on our website about finding counselling services.

The charity Mind may also be of assistance. They have local centres and support groups and can offer services on a means-tested basis or sometimes free. You can find your local centre following this link if that may be useful too: http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

Sending much love,
Karen x