By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ivf FET ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Layla123

Ivf FET ectopic

Post by Layla123 »

Today I was given a shot to terminate my pregnancy.

I did IVF retrieval in July 2019. I had a pretty good result. Ended up with 27 embryos which fertilized. I did PGS testing on 8 and 5 came back Normal. We were so excited! I did my first FET transfer in November of 2019. I waited patiently. 14dpo5dt I did a blood draw which came back NEGATIVE. HCG was zero. Implantation failure is how my doctor described it. My doctor was super supportive and recommended I do an ERA to check my receptivity and a neurogenic shot the day of next transfer. I followed her orders and did the ERA (everything for IVF and ERA was out of pocket cost). The ERA test came back as pre-receptive. “This is our problem!” My doctor said excitedly. “We will correct your next protocol and add an additional protestor day before your next transfer.”
I was so hopeful! I did everything by the book. No caffeine, good diet, acupuncture treatments before transfer, extra progesterone, Neuprogen shot, etc.etc.
My next transfer was scheduled for 3/2/2020. Lining was excellent, shot was given, Transfer complete. This time I started testing at home. 4dp5dt I got a positive on my internet hpt strips. Finally! Bfp! And an early one at that. Of course this one was going to stick!! I tested every single day, hungry to see the beautiful progression I saw others get with their pregnancies. But early on I noticed the line wasn’t progressing as well. They stayed faint for 5-6 days before getting a bit darker. I relaxed. Internet cheapies aren’t known for their line progressions my friends said. Don’t worry! They said.
At 14dp5dt I went in for my long awaited blood draw, I was hoping to be somewhere in the hundreds. Heck I would even be happy with 100hcg. My doctor called 2 hours after and personally congratulated me.” You are so pregnant, my dear!” With a shaky voice, tears in my eyes I asked was she sure? What is my hcg. She said it was 56. “56?” I asked confused. “ isn’t that low?” I am on fertility board with a bunch of people so I knew the number sounded low, but she was excited and she Is a doctor! She said no it’s fine. As long as it’s above 50 we know that implantation occurred. I relaxed a bit. Went in for second draw 48 hours later and my hcg tripled! 176! Still low i thought, but heck it’s the doubling that matters. All the internet sites say that’s what matters.
I was booked for ultrasound and another blood draw a week later. I relaxed and had an amazing week. Planning my pregnancy and my baby’s life. Yesterday I went in for my first ultrasound. My doctor was out sick so the nurse did the ultrasound. She was quiet. Instantly I knew something was off. I asked her what was wrong. And she said the doctor needed to scan me. Told me not to worry. I went home. Checked my lab work and my hcg was now 1883. I continued to double. I had absolutely to pregnancy symptoms but my hcg was going up so hey, win for me, I thought.
The same day my doctor phoned me from home and that when I knew something was terribly wrong. She looked at the scan results and was suspecting ectopic. Asked that I come in first thing in the morning so she can scan me personally. I was an emotional wreck, but I held on hope. I googled ectopic and every single site mentioned, cramping, spotting, hcg levels jumping.i was having none of those symptoms. I hoped the scans were wrong. I figured she would do another scan and everything will be good.
I waited on that exam table, holding on to hope that she will see that all was good. Well, this story doesn’t have a happy ending. She turned that wand and right there in my right Fallopian tube, was my perfectly measuring sac. Ectopic. Less than 2% chance she said. With FET protocol, no predisposition to ectopic whatsoever and here I am having to sign a waiver to end the pregnancy with a shot. My beautiful embryo met its end today.
I go in again in three days days for my second shot. I am now at 10-15% ectopic reoccurring. I guess I should be grateful that my tube didn’t rupture. I should be grateful that I have plenty more embryos to transfer. I should be grateful that we can scrape up more money via loans for a third transfer, but even with all those positives, I can’t force the gratefulness out of me.

Today was a hard day.

EPT Host 20

Re: Ivf FET ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Layla123,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss, after everything you have been through this is just heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.
When we experience ectopic pregnancy we are suddenly faced with a life threatening emergency and it's treatment, reduction in fertility, concerns about the future and the loss of our babies. Experiencing any one of these is an ordeal, putting them together is immense and your feelings are completely normal.
It is normal to feel anxious about the future. We generally feel a mix of emotions from wanting to try again to being petrified of what may lie ahead. We never forget, but we learn to accept what happened. The chances of a further ectopic after a first in UK is 10%. So that's 90% chance of the embryo being in right place next time.
Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
Many women experience feelings of isolation after an ectopic pregnancy - I did, too. It is a frightening experience. Like you, I reached out to the Trust for support and we will be here for you to lean on for as long as you need.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Kayjayleo

Re: Ivf FET ectopic

Post by Kayjayleo »

I felt your pain reading this , I had the same scan and it was my second ectopic x laying on the table praying to god it was in my womb and it was stuck there in my tube x