By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Resolving Eptopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kh318214

Resolving Eptopic

Post by Kh318214 »

Hello ladies,

I just wanted to share my story.
On the 8th April I had extremely bad shooting rectum pains and a stitch like pain (no other syptoms) I went to the EPU and was diagnosed with a eptopic in my right tube, on top of that I also had a fever so I was admitted into the suspected Corona virus ward and was also put on a drip as they believed I would need surgery the following morning to remove my tube , I was so scared and upset that I lost my baby.
Thankfully I tested negative to CONVID and was also discharged the following day as my pain had got better and my HCG was 659 so they decided to do expectant management.

On the 10th April I returned for more tests and my HCG went up to 775, but they decided they still wanted to try expectant management.

On the 15th and 16th I stated bleeding very lightly (brown)

Today my bleeding got heavier and I had sever cramps as if I was on my period. I went back to the hopital and had another scan and thankfully there was no internal bleeding, more bloods were taken and to all of our surprise my HCG is now 61!! They have advised me I no longer need to return to the hospital as they have said this is a resolving eptopic.

This last week has been extremely emotional and painful ! I hope my story gives some of you hope who is currently on expectant management.

I am still very upset about what has happened as I also had a PUL last year which they believe was a resolving ectopic. I am very concerned and scared about trying again but I'm trying to remain positive.

A big thank you also to the NHS staff who looked after me, they were truly amazing and extremely supportive.

Stay strong ladies and take care xx

Kh318214

Re: Resolving Eptopic

Post by Kh318214 »

*****ECTOPIC

Kh318214

Re: Resolving Ectopic

Post by Kh318214 »

Kh318214 wrote:Hello ladies,

I just wanted to share my story.
On the 8th April I had extremely bad shooting rectum pains and a stitch like pain (no other syptoms) I went to the EPU and was diagnosed with a ectopic in my right tube, on top of that I also had a fever so I was admitted into the suspected Corona virus ward and was also put on a drip as they believed I would need surgery the following morning to remove my tube , I was so scared and upset that I lost my baby.
Thankfully I tested negative to CONVID and was also discharged the following day as my pain had got better and my HCG was 659 so they decided to do expectant management.

On the 10th April I returned for more tests and my HCG went up to 775, but they decided they still wanted to try expectant management.

On the 15th and 16th I stated bleeding very lightly (brown)

Today my bleeding got heavier and I had sever cramps as if I was on my period. I went back to the hopital and had another scan and thankfully there was no internal bleeding, more bloods were taken and to all of our surprise my HCG is now 61!! They have advised me I no longer need to return to the hospital as they have said this is a resolving eptopic.

This last week has been extremely emotional and painful ! I hope my story gives some of you hope who is currently on expectant management.

I am still very upset about what has happened as I also had a PUL last year which they believe was a resolving ectopic. I am very concerned and scared about trying again but I'm trying to remain positive.

A big thank you also to the NHS staff who looked after me, they were truly amazing and extremely supportive.

Stay strong ladies and take care xx

EPT Host 20

Re: Resolving Eptopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

DearKh318214,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Not to worry you but the Trust usually advises to have regular blood tests until your hCG has dropped below 5<mIU/mL, so if you have been discharged early please do not complete any heavy lifting or strenuous exercise at this time and seek urgent medical advice if you experience any worsening abdominal pain, bleeding or feel dizzy and unwell.

It is normal to feel anxious about the future. We experience a mix of emotions from wanting to try again to being petrified of what may lie ahead. We never forget but we can learn to accept what happened. It is a slow process that might be weeks or months ahead. In time, we can get to a place where we feel comfortable trying again. When this is, is individual for each person. There is no timeframe for recovery, take each day as it comes.
Importantly early scans avail. As soon as you know you are pregnant, contact your local EPU to inform them and book in for an early scan at around six weeks. Remind them of your previous ectopic pregnancy. This self refer route is the best route in our view. Hopefully you will have some comfort to know you are under the radar of medical professionals right away.
As a gentle reminder regarding conceiving again, we and many medical professionals advise waiting for two menstrual cycles. It is important to allow time for your body to recover and emotions to surface and be worked through. This is so that you have some comfort that your body is returning to its natural rhythm and you have a last menstrual period date from which to date a new pregnancy - key information in checking you are not suffering from an ectopic pregnancy in the future. The first bleed soon after surgery for ectopic pregnancy is not classed as a period as it is the body's response to falling hormone levels.

Making the decision to begin trying to conceive is an emotional rollercoaster compounded by our sad loss. Again, you are not alone. We here emotional support whenever you need us. There is a specific Preparing for your Next Pregnancy board you can look at too whenever feel ready.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811

If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
The latest EPT newsletter is out now! You can take a look at the Winter edition and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team