By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

When did u have period after ectopic pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
blackyman7

When did u have period after ectopic pregnancy

Post by blackyman7 »

Hello, anyone here after laparoscopy? I had mine 17 feb (ectopic pregnancy), then I was bleeding for 2 weeks and since then I didn't have my period. Is it normal after operation? Or should I go to doc already? I was not trying for baby after the operation so I don't think I'm pregnant. Is it ok, how was your period after ectopic pregnancy? I just really really want to get my period already.

Honeydrop9

Re: When did u have period after ectopic pregnancy

Post by Honeydrop9 »

Hi there, I had the same worries after my surgery. I bled for a week after the laparoscopy and my first period showed up 10.5 weeks after the operation. It was a bit disconcerting as my periods had more often than not been every four weeks. I'm now back on track it would seem although they're a bit heavier and I have a bit more discomfort. I hope this helps to ease the worry a bit. ☺️xx

Obrien2020

Post by Obrien2020 »

I’m now 11 days post op from having my right tube removed along with my pregnancy. I had minimal bleeding for 3 days after the operation and have had an extremely heavy period like bleed starting three days ago. I’m not sure if this is a period or not?

I’m feeling so paranoid about this bleeding as my tube ruptured and I had a lot of blood in my tummy. I just feel worried all of the time thinking that something isn’t right, not sure if anyone else feels this way? :(

Lioness

Post by Lioness »

If you feel like there is something wrong, you can call the hospital you had the surgery done or the OB that did the surgery and inquire about it. It's completely normal to have questions like these. I keep note of my period start and end dates, I had the same surgery Friday with a lot of blood removed and my period started on time like usual, but I also had regular periods throughout my ectopic pregnancy. I hope this helps.

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear blackyman7,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
It can take a few months for periods to get back into a rhythm that is more normal for us. However if you haven't has a period since February which is almost a year, I would advise speaking to your GP.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team