By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Potential Ectopic Pregnancy? Please Help!

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Salu2005

Potential Ectopic Pregnancy? Please Help!

Post by Salu2005 »

Hello – I hope everyone is doing well and staying safe.

I am really hoping someone can help me with my concern.

Last year, I had an ectopic pregnancy where my right tube was ruptured and removed.

Fast forward to a year later, hubby and I have been TTC for the past couple of months and this month I was late on my period by 4 days. I have never been this late on my period except the last time when I was pregnant.

I was supposed to be due last Thursday (04/16) but didn’t get my “period” till this Monday (04/20). In between Thursday and Monday, I was experiencing cramps and a tugging feeling on my left ovary (the left over tube I have) I took several pregnancy tests in between Thursday and Monday and it showed negative for pregnancy.

Then on Monday (04/20), I had the most intense cramps and I started my “period” (?) I saw clots on the tissue and my cramping was severe. I ran to the ER thinking I am having another ectopic pregnancy without a positive pregnancy test.

ER did another blood HCG test and it was still negative. They also did a vaginal ultrasound and said everything was normal. However, in my mind, it could be too early to see anything on the ultrasound and the blood test? During my last ectopic pregnancy, I did get a positive test after week one of missing my period though and I had to go through three vaginal ultrasounds before they detected the mass in my tube and I was 4 weeks along by that time.

I spoke to my OB and she doesn’t think there is a concern for another ectopic pregnancy given that I have had consistent negative pregnancy results from last Thursday when I was due for my period till this Monday. She said since the ultrasound is clear (which again is too early in my opinion to even see anything) I should be ok. She did order another pregnancy blood test for me yesterday for peace of mind so I am just waiting on the results. Also, my “period” that came on Monday, the flow only lasted for 1.5 days. My flow is usually at least 3 days long.

Should I be concerned about another ectopic pregnancy?

I am not sure what I need to do at this point? Should I still push for more scans if I keep getting negative pregnancy tests? Or just chalk this up to a delayed period that was just bad?

Thank you so much in advance!

EPT Host 22

Re: Potential Ectopic Pregnancy? Please Help!

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Salu2005,

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this worrying time. Trying to conceive and future pregnancies often create anxieties for those of us who have experienced ectopic pregnancies. It is very good that you've reached out for and received medical support in this situation. As I'm not medically qualified and do not know your history, I can not comment on your case specifically.

However, I would encourage you to keep a diary noting the date, time, intensity, and symptoms you are experiencing, as it helps with your communication with GPs and the multiple care workers you are seeing. At the same time, try (and this is easier said than done) to find sometimes of calm and to look after yourself through this time. I hope the pregnancy test results today provide some additional reassurance, the continuity of negative tests. But of course, you know your body the best of all so continue to listen to it and reach out for medical attention as you need.

In the meanwhile, we are here for you for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available on our [ectopic.org.uk]website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
https://us2.campaign-archive.com/home/? ... e8ff75721f
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team