By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Scared possible ectopic?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Wk1984

Scared possible ectopic?

Post by Wk1984 »

Hi everyone, currently going through a pregnancy of unknown location. Absolutely no symptoms of either miscarriage or ectopic but have had a scan and hcg blood tests. Nothing seen on scan. Hcg has gone from 156 to 204 in 48hrs which suggests slow rising hcg. I was told either a miscarriage or ectopic and I am now absolutely terrified. I don't know what to think and I feel worried about outcomes.repeat blood tests on Friday and then we will go from there. Just need to write it out to help me process what has been a strange and worrying day :(

Sanwars2206

Re: Scared possible ectopic?

Post by Sanwars2206 »

Hi Wk1984

So sorry you’re going through this.
This was how my 1st ectopic started in 2019.
I had spotting, nothing found on scan & HVG was rising slowly it took several weeks to eventually show on a scan & confirm it was ectopic.
It’s a hard time to go through ur body is reacting because u r pregnant but because of the unknown location it is hard to know what to do.
Just take the advice from the nurses & docs, get all the info you want & make the decision that is right for you hopefully u won’t have to have surgery & can make a decision on expectant management or methotrexate.
Hoping the best for you, it’s a hard time the constant trips to the hospital, wait & living in hope all that time xxx

Wk1984

Post by Wk1984 »

Thank you so much for your reply. It is a horrible feeling just waiting and that is what I am dreading, the fact that this will go on and on. Part of me wants to have the treatment just to be able to move on but equally I wonder if that's the right thing. A really confusing time. If you don't mind me asking, how did yours end in the end? X

Hpod

Post by Hpod »

Hi. I’m going through similar at the moment. I had my scan on Tuesday and they saw a mass near my right ovary, couldn’t be certain it is in the tube but most likely. Thankfully my bloods have halved today to 387 so I am going down the expectant management route and next blood test next week. It’s such a scary time so I completely understand what you’re going through. This is my first pregnancy as well - I’m trying to be positive.
Be strong - we’ve got this!!

Sanwars2206

Post by Sanwars2206 »

Hi Wk1984

My 1st ectopic was resolved with methotrexate as my levels were constantly rising just never by the right amount & by the time I got to 8 weeks I was barely 1000 HCG.
In that week they did also see a mass so both coupled together they decided it is was an ectopic & offered me methotrexate.
They had offered it straight away but as it was my 1st pregnancy & I didn’t no anything about ectopics I had hoped the result would be different but wasn’t meant to be.
I understand the feeling of wanting to just get on with it & move on but I had that niggle of ‘what if’ & I imagine u do too so do what is right for you. Your are the one going through it & feeling it so you have to be sure with your mind & feelings
Xx

Missy100

Post by Missy100 »

Hi Wk1984

I'm so sorry you're going through this. Your story sounds similar to my ectopic (except I had bleeding and cramping as well as low rising HCG), which was a first pregnancy and very recent. The waiting, the trips to the hospital, the stress of the unknown, it's really really hard on the body and the soul. Mine ended with the removal of my right tube, which was the right thing and discussed with my doctor, as the tube was not 100%. I knew this before I became pregnant.

I think the advice from Sanwars2206 is spot on - this is your experience and you have to do what is right and safe for you and be guided by your clinicians and doctors.

Sending hugs and love xx