By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Need an advice

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LenaLoyd

Need an advice

Post by LenaLoyd »

I was just wondering if anyone else has experienced hair loss/thinning after methatrexate or surgery for rupturede ectopic (ive had both)? ive notice this week (3 weeks post op and 6 weeks post methatrexate) ive got alot of hair falling out on a daily basis and its fine enough as it is so cant afford to lose anymore. I know stressing isnt going to help but ive been through so much and thought i was on the mend and now have to contend with this.
Does anyone have any advice on how to reduce it? I have started taking a skin, hair and nail supplement and [dietary supplement] supplement and using a hair thickening shampoo.

Any advice welcome!

EPT Host 20

Re: Need an advice

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LenaLoyd,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Hair loss is an uncommon side effect of the methotrexate injection and yes stress can certainly make the situation worse.
Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your symptoms, however it should be temporary (often new hair growth can be felt) and I would advise discussing any concerns with your GP.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Sweekz992

Re: Need an advice

Post by Sweekz992 »

Temporary hair loss can be a side effect of methotraxate treatment. I'm so sorry.

There's no feeling worse than feeling your hair starting to fall off as a woman.

I used to dread taking showers all the time. Now I don't mind.

This is my story and some of my best advice which I hope is going to be of much help.

I'm a woman in her 50's and I didn't give much thought to my sprouting gray hairs and my hair loss in my 30's during my first pregnancy because they were virtually undetectable; however, as my patch turned into a streak, I began to question whether or not I should address them although it was the last thing I wanted to do 😐

Should I color them? Should I stick to natural hairstyles where they'd go unnoticed? I was really on the fence, yet I didn't feel particularly rushed to conceal my grays...

I'm glad there are finally solutions out there for doing something about it that actually work!

[url removed per Trust policy] is a daily hair growth supplement that quite quickly helped me and my bestie to improve our hair and stop the gray with a few important but natural ingredients.

It wasn't until we found it we were able to make our hair stop falling off as fast although it doesn't stop completely!

I finally feel a lot more confident in my hair 😍

Wishing you the best of luck in your journey, sis.

Hope my advice was of help to you <3

Debbie