By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Advice needed please

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
nicolestubbs

Advice needed please

Post by nicolestubbs »

Hi everyone,

Its been a year now since my ectopic and losing my left tube. I thought I was coping okay and thought I'd dealt with the emotions but lately i have been asking myself some questions and I'm not sure where to go or what to do.

After the ectopic and still now I have told myself I don't want children ever, I know this is a massive statement to say and make but I feel like its the right one. At this present time though the questions I'm having in my head are to find out if I can carry as I have had a missed miscarriage and the ectopic and I'm 27. I still don't feel like I have dealt with the ectopic either and I feel like I'm putting on a face when I'm around family members who have children.

Did anyone have any counselling once they had gone through there ectopic?! Because to begin with I felt ok and I was grateful I didn't end up dying which I came close to.

Any advice or any tips would be great :)

Thank you :)

EPT Host 22

Re: Advice needed please

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi nicolestubbs,

I am so sorry to hear of all you have been through. Ectopic pregnancy and loss is both a physical and emotional trauma, and it is not uncommon to have emotions and questions months and years after.

I know how hard and how lingering these feelings can be. It is so natural to grieve for what might have been, and seeing other children is a stark reminder of what we have lost. This can be true even if we are unsure of our own desires for children. Journaling and writing was a key piece in my recovery, but the Trust also recommends talking therapies as an important tool for our healing.

If you are interested in exploring counselling, we suggest that you ask for a referral by your GP or use a practitioner who has undertaken recognised training and is registered with the British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy. It is also a good idea to look for someone who has an interest in the area of women’s health or fertility problems. The charity MIND also can provide counselling with trained practitioners locally at affordable prices. Counselling charges are means-tested (you pay what you can afford) and so you may receive counselling support for a nominal fee or even for free.http://www.mind.org.uk/information-support/local-minds/

Please know we are with you and we are here for you for as long as you need. Sending extra warm hugs and love to you.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team