By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

ovulation after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
MrsRoach2018

ovulation after ectopic

Post by MrsRoach2018 »

Hello all.
First time posting and as you can see by title its advice around ovulation and hoping people can share their experiences with this.
I am in my second week after having my emergency surgery where my ectopic pregnancy and right tube were removed due to rupture, i would of been 6 weeks + 1. I had a day free of bleeding then it started again and went on for 5 days, it then stopped and was replaced with what some discharge and then what i think was ewcm and this seems to be continuing but with some brown/pink spotting with it. i also felt like i had ovulation pain to the left but just wonder if this is too soon for this?
just looking for some advice or someone elses experience around this.
As you can expect i am looking to try again after i have have my 2 cycles so im just hoping this is a good sign for me?
many thanks.

EPT Host 22

Re: ovulation after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi MrsRoach2018,

I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss. Unfortunately, as I'm not a medical professional, I do not know your specific situation and can not give specific guidance on when you should resume ttc. I would encourage you to consult with your surgeon and medical practitioners. However generally, the Trust and other medical professionals advise you wait for at least three months or two full menstrual cycles (periods) before trying to conceive for both physical and emotional reasons.

Physically, this timeframe is to allow your cycle to return and for there to be a clear Last Menstrual Period (LMP) date to be able to date a new pregnancy from. The LMP date is what is used to decide when to scan a pregnancy; information that is invaluable in ensuring you are not suffering from another ectopic pregnancy. The first proper period you have after an ectopic pregnancy is likely to be heavier than usual and the second more like your usual period. A normal period would suggest you are hormonally ready to be able to try to conceive. Having two periods can also give an idea of menstrual cycle length, which may be different for a few months after your ectopic before settling back into its usual rhythm.This wait allows the internal inflammation and bruising from the ectopic and any associated treatment to heal.

In addition to the physical aspects of ectopic pregnancy, many women also feel an intense emotional impact. Taking time before trying to conceive again enables the necessary process of grief to surface and be worked through. The emotional recovery that is often needed can be significant and many underestimate this aspect. Some studies suggest that women who conceive immediately after treatment for ectopic pregnancy are more at risk of suffering a subsequent ectopic and, as painful as it is to think about, the incidence of miscarriage (which is not linked to an ectopic pregnancy) is 1 in 5 pregnancies, so taking that extra bit of time enables you some emotional recovery to feel strong enough to face whatever is coming next should there be further bad news.

However, it is recommended to take folic acid for at least 12 weeks prior to conception.

We understand how nerve-wracking this all can be. We are here for you, for emotional support too, and these Boards are a safe space for you. We here for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

MrsRoach2018

Post by MrsRoach2018 »

Thankyou for your reply. I will be waiting for my 2 cycles before ttc again. Just hoping this is ovulation I have experienced as that means my period is coming 🤞 never been so hopeful for a Period to arrive!

Lisyloo725

Post by Lisyloo725 »

I know exactly what you mean. I had a miscarriage in July (and an ectopic earlier this week). After the miscarriage there was nothing I wanted more than to get back on the wagon.
I don’t think the two are linked - but perhaps trying so hard caused my ectopic. That’s how I feel anyway.
I also feel angry that I have none of the risk factors for ectopic. So why me?

All the very best of luck to you!! X x