By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Third Ectopic; feeling let down.

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Chrissie89

Third Ectopic; feeling let down.

Post by Chrissie89 »

I’m just devastated and I know I’m going to need to surround myself with support this time, so grateful to have found this group.

I’m currently sat in hospital after a third ectopic pregnancy, I just can’t believe it. Words fail me. I’m so angry at the hospital that promised to look after me to ensure a rupture wouldn’t happen again - an inconclusive scan, followed by two hcg checks which increased by 70% and then left for 5 days was apparently that care. After the second lot of results they said that they would book another scan for a weeks time but wouldn’t need to check hcg again as ‘going up nicely’. I voiced concerns then and said that I would be getting very close to the levels I was in December before my first rupture. Yet, here I am.

I called a few days ago complaining of pain. Wait until the scan.

I called 111 yesterday at 2am with severe abdominal pain that hadn’t stopped since 10am but because it ‘wasn’t localised to one side’ I just needed to ‘book a GP appointment to check for a UTI’.

I feel so incredibly let down, I cried for help so many times - it’s not in my nature to push and argue.

Thanks so much for providing me with a safe place to talk 😢💔

Cazmat123

Re: Third Ectopic; feeling let down.

Post by Cazmat123 »

I’m so sorry your are going through this 3rd time 😞

I had an ectopic pregnancy in 2012 I had the mex injection

Iv found out 3 weeks ago I am pregnant again 2 days after I started bleeding, I went to epu they scanned me and couldn’t see anything this was last week, I had bloods over 2 days first one was 19 and second one was just 32, Iv had no more bloods and they have left me waiting for a scan I have it tomorrow but I no deep down it’s another ectopic I just can’t believe they haven’t continued todo bloods ect I just want it over with hear of you ever want to talk ❤️❤️

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Chrissie89,
I am so terribly sorry to hear this, my heart truly goes out to you.
I think for now it is important to focus on you and ensure you receive the care and support you deserve. We of course, will be here for you and do lean on us for as long as you need.
You have every right to feel angry and upset and if you have questions about your care, I would advise speaking to the Patient Advice Liaison Service (PALS) within your local hospital, but this can wait. At the moment you will need space and time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
Sending much love and the warmest hugs I can,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Cazmat123,
I realise by now that you would have had your scan, just letting you know we are thinking of you and here if you need us,
Sending much love,
Karen x

Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Hols02

Post by Hols02 »

Chrissie89 wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 1:47 pm
I’m just devastated and I know I’m going to need to surround myself with support this time, so grateful to have found this group.

I’m currently sat in hospital after a third ectopic pregnancy, I just can’t believe it. Words fail me. I’m so angry at the hospital that promised to look after me to ensure a rupture wouldn’t happen again - an inconclusive scan, followed by two hcg checks which increased by 70% and then left for 5 days was apparently that care. After the second lot of results they said that they would book another scan for a weeks time but wouldn’t need to check hcg again as ‘going up nicely’. I voiced concerns then and said that I would be getting very close to the levels I was in December before my first rupture. Yet, here I am.

I called a few days ago complaining of pain. Wait until the scan.

I called 111 yesterday at 2am with severe abdominal pain that hadn’t stopped since 10am but because it ‘wasn’t localised to one side’ I just needed to ‘book a GP appointment to check for a UTI’.

I feel so incredibly let down, I cried for help so many times - it’s not in my nature to push and argue.

Thanks so much for providing me with a safe place to talk 😢💔
Hi Chrissie I know you wrote this a while ago but I’ve just came across your post. So sorry to hear what you have been through, I have been through the same experience. I had a erupted ectopic 2 years ago then in March this year i called the early pregnancy until to tell them I was pregnant they said after my first ectopic that when I fall pregnant again to call them as soon as I know so that if I was to have another ectopic then they would be able to save my tube! I had a scan a week later for it to be a unknown location pregnancy they then done my blood test which was 475 then 847 I then called them and said I had been bleeding but they just said we will do another blood test on Friday then scan you on Monday I said well can you not scan me on the Saturday instead because if it is another ectopic I want you to find it as early as you can so I don’t have another eruption but they said they don’t do scans on the wkends only if it’s an emergency which they didn’t class mine as an emergency even though I’m high risk and I had been bleeding! I then had another blood test which was 1200 then they scanned me on the Monday and it was ectopic I then had the jab then 5 days later I had pain went to hospital and it had erupted they then done a blood test and my levels started to go down so the jab started to work but it was to late!

Like you I feel so let down by the hospital and so angry! I just feel that they should of done more to save my tube and if they scanned me on the Saturday then the jab would of had two extra days to work and it could of saved my tube! But when I said this to them they just said well we might not of seen anything! But you might off seen something!!

What levels were you when they found out it was ectopic? And did they scan you straight away?

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Hols02,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancies and losses. To experience one loss is difficult, to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.
Sadly we will never know the answers to "if something had been done". What I can say is that the action of methotrexate is not instantaneous and bloods often rise after the injection and most ladies see a rise in day 4.
It saddens me to hear that your concerns weren't heard and if you have concerns over you care, please speak to the PALS Patient Advice Liaison Service within your local hospital who will be able to look into this for you.
Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love and gentle hugs,
Karen x

Nat81

Post by Nat81 »

I’m really sorry to hear about your situation, all of you. I’m currently going through my 1st ectopic pregnancy or at least PUL as the location has never been confirmed. I also had concerns about my care, I wasn’t called back to tell me my levels had risen for 3 days until I called them to enquire. That day after being told I needed MTX I was left in a waiting room for 5.5 hours before I could see a doctor at which point it was too late to get my bloods back to ok me for the MTX the following day i had bloods done ans waited and waited and nothing until I called again and told the pharmacy hadn’t sent my dosage up so eventually had it the following day at 3pm. That’s 6 days of knowing my levels were up and my uterus was empty after severe bleeeing. So that’s hcg’s of 189 to 1900 in that time. Now onto the 2nd dose of MTX it’s all coming down but l am in fear of the worst whilst we wait.

I’m so sorry you’ve had to go through this it doesn’t seem like it’s enough. I found it odd hearing phrases like “life threatening” but then no action. I appreciate places are stretched with resources but it seems I’m not alone in this experience and woman are suffering. Sending lots of love x