By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Thigh pain

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
CASSANDRA5

Re: Thigh pain

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

I know covid has changed so many things. Im very happy that I found this fourm myself. Talking to you has helped me so much too. I hate that we both have to go through this but its nice knowing I'm not alone. I actually went to my family doctors today for the pain I'm still having. She did order me blood test as well, to check for infections. I hope to have the results in next couple of days. Any word on when you can get your ultrasound scan?

samanthawilliams29

Post by samanthawilliams29 »

Yeah, this forum has been great for me. My family, friends and partner are really trying but nobody can really understand unless you have been through it.
Oh no has the pain got any better/worse for you recently? I am on my period now and the pain seems to have eased for me which is odd.
It sounds like you will have your blood test results before me, can you let me know how you get on. I have my fingers crossed for you that you can get some answers.
I feel very conflicted at the moment, I'm hoping that there are no issues but at the same time I want there to be so there can be a solution to the pain.
I havent heard anything about the scan yet, although I'm in Wales in the UK and covid numbers are very high here and all hospital appointments have been stopped so I doubt I will hear just yet. What's it like in the USA?

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

My pain on my left side is still hurting me. My etopic is on my right side. I thought maybe it was ovulation pain but ovulation pain can't last this long. They did do a urine test to check for pregnancy and uti. The pregnancy was negative ( first time I have been happy about that) . There was a small amount of white blood cells so they think I might have an uti. They are sending it out for further testing. Ill let you know when I get blood test results in. Can I ask you a question did you have shoulder pain with your etopic? I did and I'm still getting it.

I live in Pennsylvania covid is bad over here as well. Everything is open for now. Some businesses only aloud so many people at a time. They say we have the uk strain over here as well as south African strain, so I imagine things will get worse.

samanthawilliams29

Oh that's odd that it's on the other side. Mine is on the same side as the ectopic, on the right side.
A Uti is easily solved with some antibiotics isnt it. The doctor mentioned that to me but I have no pain when urinating so not sure.
Yes I still suffer with shoulder pain, sometimes my left arm aches. It's not a sharp pain but just uncomfortable, I mentioned that to the doctor and he didnt say anything. It makes me panic as the hospital always said if you have shoulder pain then you must go in. But this has been happening for so long, I then started to think is it all in my head.

Oh no that's awful, I hope we can all get back to normal as soon as possible. I find covid has had an impact on how I've dealt with the ectopic as well, as we are unable to go anywhere or do anything I'm stuck in the house with my own thoughts

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

Yeah my right side still hurts at times as well which is where I have my etopic. It hurts more if I have an intercourse and have an organism (sorry tmi). My doctor also mentioned a cyst for my left side pain which I think it is. I found out I dont have a uti, which is good. Also my Cbc and sed rate came back as normal, so no infection. I have my ultrasound February 2. Can't wait for this to all go away. It's hard not to be paranoid when pain happens. I totally agree with you about covid, nothing to do. Can't vist family and friends. Makes this whole thing even more depressing. Have you heard anything from your results?

samanthawilliams29

Had my blood results back, all normal.
I'm confused and relieved at the same time. The same as you no infection or anything but still in pain. I have my scan on the 23rd so I will let you know, so far the doctor thinks a cyst as well. I'm starting to think I'm going mental and imagining pain ha, I know I'm not though!
Hopefully we can get some answers from the scan!

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

I know what you mean, I feel the same way!! Goodluck on your scan ill be thinking about you. Let me know how it goes 🤞🍀

samanthawilliams29

Been for my scan this morning but they didnt find anything. I'm so confused!
I need to speak to the Doctor but been advised to request referral to a gynaecologist. Have you had any updates yet?

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

I have been thinking about you. Its kinda good news they didn't see anything. It sucks that still leaves you with no answers. I would keep a pain log of when your pain occurs date and time. Im starting to do that myself. Maybe the geno will have anwsers?? No news here, just waiting for my period to come. I was due Monday, feels like torture. I have to wait for my scan on the 2nd of February. Ill let you know as soon as I find out anything!

samanthawilliams29

Yeah I'm going to start a pain diary, but to be honest the only thing that will be in there is constant pain Haha. I'm glad theres nothing on the scan I think because theres no significant problems, but then yeah it sucks that theres no answers and no solution. God this is draining isnt it! Hope everything goes ok for you xx

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

Its so draining!!! I just can't wait to move on from this whole thing!!!!

samanthawilliams29

Yeah me two. Just want it all over, I want my life back, I want to be able to go for a walk with my son, or just do anything. All I want to do is lie in bed and be alone. I'm so miserable all the time, constantly going through things in my head of what it could be, panicking about the worst.
Hopefully one day we will be able to look back at this and think 'God I cant believe I was in so much pain'. I will never take my health for granted again

samanthawilliams29

Hope everything goes ok for you in the scan today xx

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

Hey Samantha,
How are you feeling?
I got my ultrasound done i still have the mass area where the etopic was. It has shrunk but still there. I have to repeat an ultrasound in 3 months. Im ready to move on but this whole thing is slowing me down. I think the pain I have been having is ovulation pain. On my left side anyway. My right side still hurts but I feel like the intensity is better. Just wanted to give you an update. Ttys.

_SBKM

Post by _SBKM »

Hey ladies, I had my left tube removed in august around 9 weeks ago and still have so much pain in my pelvis/thigh where it was removed. Was just wondering if yours had eventually settled?

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

I still get thigh pain every once in a while. Its been a year now for me. I didn't have my tube removed so maybe it will heal faster for you 🤞.