By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Here again with my 2nd ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Beth duffin

Here again with my 2nd ectopic

Post by Beth duffin »

Hey really worried this time round as my blood has gone up by 50% on day 4 of having the injection and the hospital tomorrow for day 7 bloods. Just wanting to know if anyone has had this and its worked. And if I go in for surgery how long will I be I hospital for. As I have my husbands and sons birthday Saturday and on 10th

LauraG

Re: Here again with my 2nd ectopic

Post by LauraG »

My day 4 HCG doubled and then day 7bit had only gone down by 1. I was given another injection and then my day 4 was yesterday and it had gone down 10. I'm hoping it continues to go down another 15% by Saturday. Did you get your results today? Hope you're OK.

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

I've just been to hospital this morning and waiting for my results this afternoon. Hope then have gone down by the 15% that is needed. I'm sorry for your loss

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

Sorry you're going through this as well.
Hope we both get the % loss that we need. Xx

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

If you don't mind asking what what did your levels start at ?

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

44 then they went up to 51 in 48 hours so first injection was given. Day 4 they were 110 and then day 7 109. Second injection given and then day 4 (yesterday) 99. I'm praying they plummet so I can begin to process everything. What are your levels?

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

My levels started at 1662 then went in 48 hours later and they dubbed to 2600. Then had injection and then they went up by 50% on day 4 witch is less than what It went up in a longer time witch im hoping is a good sign. Hope you can it over and done with. Is this your first one ?

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

No, unfortunately I've had an ectopic with twins before and 3 misscarriages. I do have 2 healthy boys though (the youngest was born after my first ectopic).
I'm really hoping because my levels are so low it'll clear quickly. It's such a lot to deal with.
I'm sure they'd give you another injection of methotrexate and the nurse I spoke to yesterday said in her experience she's never known a second dose not work. Xx

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

Aww this is my second one in just 1 year and 9 month. Its so hard to deal with i have a healthy son who is 9 on 10th December. I just don't wont to have op as I've already had my right tub removed. I glad you said that that's gave me so hope on if I do need another injection.

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

As long as its not that painful and you're not showing signs of rupture they should offer you another injection. Hopefully you won't need it. Do you mind if I ask what the surgery is like? How long did it take you to recover? Xx

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

It was not from a ectopic I had but Its the same sort of surgery key hole. It took aboutb6 week for me to recover properly. Surgery is one of the worst thing I have ever been thought, that's why I don't want to have to do that xx I hope you get the results you need. My thoughts are with you and your family. X

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

Oh bless you. Sorry you had such a difficult time. Hope you get good results today. Sending lots of love. Xx

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

Hi, I was just wondering if you'd got your results back yet? Hope it's good news for you.

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

Hey hun
Yes I have got them back bout a hour ago, they have come down by 25%. When do you go for you results xx

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

Oh brilliant!!! I'm so happy for you!!
I get mine Saturday. Keep your fingers crossed for me!! Xx

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

Thank you so much and come back and let me know what your results are. I have every thing crossed for you xxx

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

Thanks, feeling very nervous today!! Xx

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

I felt the same the day before to the point where I was sick. Try and take your mi d off it do one of your hobbys. Xx

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

We're watching some chrsitmas films with the kids. I've tried to keep busy to take my mind of things. It's just horrible and I know tomorrow will be awful waiting for the call with my blood results. I'm planning on going in around 9:30am but I bet I won't get the results until around 3pm.

Beth duffin

Post by Beth duffin »

I've went in a 8.30 and did not get mine till 4 is not a nice thing at all. Well I how is gone down for ya and keep me up to date xx