By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

New here

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Ellieb1978

New here

Post by Ellieb1978 »

Hi, I'm new. I had an ectopic pregnancy in December 2016 and lost a tube. Since the ectopic my menstrual cycle has been 32 days and we are scared it happens again. My partner and I really want to start a family. Its been 8 days today since I ovulated but yesterday I had some bleeding. I'm not sure what's happening because I'm not due to start for another 11 days. Can anybody give me some advice? I've looked it up online and so confused.
Any help would be appreciated
Ellieb1978 x

Beth duffin

Re: New here

Post by Beth duffin »

Hey hun, I would do a test and see that that says. if you still bleeding in a few day I would call your doctors. iv just have emergency surgery and lost my last remaining tube yesterday.

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

If its only spotting it could be implantation bleeding. I'd get some [Brand Name not allowed] tests and use them with the first wee you do in the morning (it has the most consentrated hormone levels early on) to see if it picks up any HCG. Once you get a positive call your early pregnancy unit and they should closely monitor you. Xx

Ellieb1978

Post by Ellieb1978 »

Hi Beth, thanks for replying. Sorry to hear that u lost ur other tube. The bleeding I had only lasted the day then stopped as quickly as it started. I have no pain or anything. Will get myself a test and let u know. If its positive then it will b the best birthday present for me today. Big hugs x

Ellieb1978

Post by Ellieb1978 »

Hi Laura, thanks for replying. I'm going to get myself a test and if its positive then it will b the best birthday present for today. Will let u know. Big hugs x

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear EllieB1978,
First of all, happy birthday.
I agree with the previous posts. Complete an early morning pregnancy test, if it is negative repeat it in a week's time. If you continue to bleed in the meantime, seek medical advice by speaking to your GP.
Sadly I do have to remind you to seek urgent medical advice with any unusual bleeding, abdominal pain, shoulder tip pain or you feel dizzy and unwell.

Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Ellieb1978

Post by Ellieb1978 »

Hi Karen, I'm not due for another 10 days. Will it b too early to do a test?

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear EllieB1978,
Yes I would say it is too early to test now. I would test on the day your period is due, however do still seek medical advice if you are experiencing any worsening bleeding or experience any abdominal pain.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Ellieb1978

Post by Ellieb1978 »

Hi, sorry I haven't been on for a while as been busy with work. I started 3 days late. My period wasn't as heavy as normal and I still don't feel right. I feel nausea after eating, very tired and aching. Does anyone have any advice about what I should do?

Stephy

Post by Stephy »

Hi Ellie,

Have you taken a test just in case? I'd try to see your GP either way if you're not feeling quite right. I have fingers crossed that all is well for you x

Ellieb1978

Post by Ellieb1978 »

Hi, I've done a couple of tests and both negative. I've started spotting today so I'm going to phone the gp tomorrow and see if I can get an appointment. Fingers crossed I can get an appointment.