By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

I’m in pain, am very late and showing negative pregnancy result

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Travelbug1981

I’m in pain, am very late and showing negative pregnancy result

Post by Travelbug1981 »

I’m 39, and have no children. Experienced my first ever pregnancy in September but sadly it was ectopic; this led to removal of my right HS Fallopian tube via surgery. The main change was having painful periods as my cycle went back to 26 days. So at month three my partner and started to try again ...

I’m now late and in pain. Despite being late (31 days)... I’ve had 3 negative results. However for 10 days now I’ve been in terrible pain. First in the middle then it shifted to the right, now it’s headed to the left. Three days ago it was so bad (after a long walk) so I went to “out of hours” doctor (they checked for suspected appendix issue).

As my pregnancy test was negative and my pain was RHS she sent me home with paracetamol.

Now fours days on... I’m still in terrible pain and pain is now left hand side. Still no period! ... I’ll call GP in the morning but no one is helping me and I’m so scared it’s another ectopic (but this time not showing positive on test )?... has anyone had this or have advice? I’m really worried. Thank you ...

EPT Host 20

Re: I’m in pain, am very late and showing negative pregnancy result

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Travelbug1981,
I am so sorry to hear of the worrying time you are going through.
Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your symptoms and as pain is so subjective, it is difficult to asses on forums such as this. I would therefore strongly advise to speak to your GP. Sadly I do have to remind you to seek urgent medical advice if you experience any worsening pain, unusual bleeding, shoulder tip pain or feel dizzy and unwell.
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team