By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Any help or advice appreciated x

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Welshgirl92

Re: Any help or advice appreciated x

Post by Welshgirl92 »

Hello lovely.

First of all, I completley understand your concern and why you are so anxious.

After suffering two ectopic pregnancies myself I find myself something of an expert on them and I find the worst thing to possibly do in this situation is to sugar coat anything.

I am medical but I am by no means a doctor so what I'm about to say is on pure experience.

It sounds to me, like you are suffering an ectopic pregnancy.
Unfortunately, you are a little too early for anything to show in a scan which is why they are coming back inconclusive.
Your HGC levels are not high enough to constitute a ruptured tube which is good news.

If your results do come back ectopic then please, from the bottom of my heart I'll wish that you take my advice... Do not panic and please try your best not to be frightened...

Unfortunately this happens to more women than people think.. Look at me.. Ive had two of the [censored word].

You will be offered treatment either in the form of an injection or surgery.

Personally, I'd take the surgery, it's a 30 minute op if that and you'll get a few weeks off work (bonus)

The injection is given to you and you have to go back and forth the hospital a few times to check it worked.

Obviously this all depends on what is right for you but I would choose the surgery everytime.

It's frightening, I completely understand because I've been there but it's not as daunting as you might be thinking. You're asleep within 3 seconds and the worst part of it all will be the shoulder pain after your op.

Im so sorry that you're going through this, my heart breaks for you because waiting around is just torture.

I hope I'm wrong and believe me I'm praying with all of my heart that I am but just know that no matter what the outcome, you've got this.. Us women are resilient, we take on the world without a second thought and you will be bigger and stronger from this.

Sending you so much love and luck xxxx

Welshgirl92

Re: Any help or advice appreciated x

Post by Welshgirl92 »

Also, please feel free at any time to message me privately, I have all the experience in the world with this as my second ectopic was a 'pregnancy of unknown location' until they actually got in there and found it. So please don't hesitate to contact me xx