By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Expectant management over Christmas

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
lolly2481

Re: Expectant management over Christmas

Post by lolly2481 »

I'm glad that you have found something to help take your mind off of things. I've just been veging out on the sofa watching TV. I did get some couple of new books for Christmas so I may ho have a nice bath soon and read a book.

I also ordered a basal temperature thermometer (BTT) off of [online store - brand name prohibited] which arrived today. You use it in conjunction with an app which tracks fertile days etc (that's for the future though). Another user on here (I found a post) said that through tracking her BTT she could see her temperature dropping as hCG and progesterone levels dropped and so I will be interested to see if that happens for me over the next few weeks. I just want to feel like I'm doing something.

Stephy

Post by Stephy »

I think it really is a case of "whatever gets you through". Hopefully it'll be reassuring for you and don't worry too much if it doesn't show things - we are all different

Elle11

Post by Elle11 »

Hi there, was hoping to find out how things started for you as I am going through the same thing at the moment- I'm 6+2 weeks, PUL with nothing seen on scan, and my HCG has been 266, 223, and up to 366 (48hrs between tests). I've had a tiny bit of brown spotting for over a week now, but no pain.
I am hoping I can be managed expectantly as well.

Can I ask- did you have a scan that confirmed location of your ectopic?
And did your HCG levels go up and down for a while before they started to go down?

Really terrified this is going to end up needing MTX or surgery-
Thanks for your help :) xx

lolly2481

Post by lolly2481 »

I started with bleeding at 5 weeks which was just spotting for 2 days then stopped then started with heavier bleeding a day later. I didn't pass any tissue or clots. No pain just an uncomfortable ache in my left side. I had a scan and they confirmed ectopic pregnancy at 6 weeks. My hCG level started at 185, dropped to 159, went up to 205 then dropped to 158..so it was a bit up and down. After 158 it dropped to 139 then down to 28 at last test.
Have they rescanned to confirm location?

Elle11

Post by Elle11 »

Thanks so much for sharing.. that must have been [heck] when it went up and down, just waiting... but glad to hear that it worked out without having to intervene in the end.

I'm going in for a repeat scan and blood test tomorrow, my HCG went up a little further to 466.. still no pain, just brown spotting. I'm so terrified but really hoping the HCG starts dropping soon...