By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Bloating - Post Salpingectomy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Petrona40

Bloating - Post Salpingectomy

Post by Petrona40 »

I recently had an ectopic pregnancy, this was our first, and I had to undergo emergency Salpingectomy surgery on Christmas Day. We only found out we were expecting 10 days before that. The diagnosis was completely unexpected and still feels slightly surreal.

Physically I am healing nicely, emotionally i have good days and bad. I am devastated this happened to us but trying to remain positive and knowing we can try again hopefully soon is keeping me going.

I’m 9 days post surgery and have terrible bloating and what feels like trapped wind. This includes sharp pains in my lower left pelvis (it was my left tube I had removed). Has anyone experienced this before? If so, how long does it last and what helps it ease? I’m wondering if this is just a sign of me healing internally. Any help would be appreciated.

Also, reading everyones honest experiences and relating to the true emotions an ectopic pregnancy and surgery brings, has helped me enormously. Thank you, I’m so grateful.

gabriel123

Re: Bloating - Post Salpingectomy

Post by gabriel123 »

Hi Petrona, I’m truly sorry for what happened to you and send you lots of love xx yes I had the same bloating, it’s starting to subside just the last few days so approx 4 weeks post op. Around week 3 I also had sharp pains on the side that I have had my tube removed to the point it felt just as painful as when it ruptured but was assured it was my body healing and getting used to things being different inside. This also passed but I do still get pains now and then which I’ve been assured are normal. My wounds have just healed as I had an infection on top xx hope this helps xx

Petrona40

Post by Petrona40 »

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you so much and I’m so terribly sorry for your loss. I hope you are staying strong, resting up and are on the mend post op. Sending my love in return.

That’s very reassuring you have had the same bloating symptoms. Was there anything you took or did to ease them? Also the sharp pains, i am so pleased you said it was a sign of healing as I was terrified something was wrong. I don’t know if you feel this, but you feel slightly paranoid in case you miss any warning signs after everything you’ve been through.

gabriel123

Post by gabriel123 »

Thank you x I drank mint green tea this REALLY helped. It also helped with severe trouble going to the loo which can be an untold side effect. So twinnings mint green tea or any mint tea. As for the pain I weaned myself down from taking 2 COcodamol 3 times a day to taking 1 then less xx I’ve just got my first period which is pretty painful and mainly on the side I’ve had tube removed so please don’t be alarmed - I’ve been taking the painkillers and a hot water bottle is so helpful x

Petrona40

Post by Petrona40 »

Thank you for all the advice, I really appreciate it. I’ve got peppermint tea in the cupboard, so I will try that and hope it eases slightly. Also will give the hot water bottle a go, never thought of that! I have the exact same symptoms re, the loo. So wondered if it could all be linked as you say.

It’s so reassuring to know what to look out for and what is deemed as normal, so thank you again. Sounds like your on the road to recovery now you’ve had your first period, I really wish you well and hope it gets so much better for you. 💖

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear petrona40,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
As the ladies have mentioned, this can be completely normal.
We have more information on what to expect after surgery for ectopic pregnancy here-
https://ectopic.org.uk/patients/your-bo ... pregnancy/

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Petrona40

Post by Petrona40 »

Thanks Karen.