By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Reabsorb process after methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
CASSANDRA5

Reabsorb process after methotrexate

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

Hello,
I have had a total of 3 miscarriages including this one . This is my first etopic pregnancy. I have to say they where each hard a difficult in there own way. I wanted to ask for anyone who can answer, how long did it take for the reabsorbtion process to be done??? I had methotrexate in late October. Hcg levels dropped in September. I have had 3 ultrasounds since this whole process to monitor the mass they say my body needs to reabsorb. Here are my measurements: 8.2×5.3×3.7 , 4.3×1.8×3.5 , 4.1×1.2×1.9. My doctor told me it normally takes up to 3 months which I'm going up on. I am worried because I am still having pain, and from my last ultrasound the mass didn't shrink that much. Any thoughts? Or can anyone answer me how long it took for there body's to reabsorb there etopic.?

EPT Host 22

Re: Reabsorb process after methotrexate

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Cassandra5,

I am so sorry to hear you have suffered this ectopic pregnancy and that you are still feeling unwell. As your hcg levels are not yet to nonpregnant levels, you may still be feeling unwell as the pregnancy resolves. While I'm not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation, I encourage you to keep taking it easy and getting rest. I also encourage you to track the symptoms you are experiencing, noting the time and levels of pain, and consult with your doctors about these symptoms.

The process of MTX can take some time, and as each woman is different, there is, unfortunately, no set time frame. We encourage women to prioritize their rest and recovery during these weeks, which means no heavy lifting and possibly taking time off from work. It is very easy to say, but so much harder to do.

You know your body the best, and while the hcg levels are decreasing, it's important to be mindful of your symptoms until you reach non-pregnant levels, under 5mIU/mL, as there is unfortunately still a chance of rupture. The symptoms of a deteriorating ectopic pregnancy, which include worsening or progressively increasing pain; vaginal bleeding; shortness of breath; feeling faint; and pain in the tip of the shoulder among others, may become noticeable. If you suffer any of these symptoms you will need to be reassessed. Your hospital would give you a number to contact for health advice if you feel that anything is changing, or you will have been told to report to the Accident and Emergency Department (A&E). If you have not been told what to do and need to speak to someone ring the hospital department which is treating you or the NHS 111 Service by dialing 111.

From the bottom of my heart, please be kind to yourself through your recovery. We are here for you whenever you need it.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

If the information provided here or through the EPT website has helped you, you can donate towards our support services, volunteer, or fundraise to raise awareness.
Further information is available on our website.
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list.
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Kriluma

Post by Kriluma »

Hi, I am wondering the same? Do you please have an update when did your mass reabsorb? How long it took? Are your measurments in cm?

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

Hello,
Yes my measurements are in cm. I just got an ultrasound about a week ago my measurement was 0.9 x 1.1 x 1.2 cm. My obgyn said its about the size or a marble and should be fully absorbed in the next month or two. Its been a long journey. I have been dealing with all of this since last October 2020. My pain has gotten better. I have good days and bad days. Are you going through the same thing? Goodluck on your journey, I hope this information helps you. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Kriluma

Post by Kriluma »

Thank you so much for reply. Yes I have an ectopic on my left tube and was treated with methotrexate 2 weeks ago. The numbers have been falling. Not yet at zero. My mass was around 1.9 x 1.2 x 1.3 but I am in Uk they dont offer rescans if numbers are falling ok. So worried if the mass will stay there , I am thinking to go for scans privately after levels go to zero. I dont have any pain so far . Thanks for response it has helped. I am finding it such a slow process too and very draining experience. I hope yours disappear completely soon. Did your obgyn give you the clear to have sex even though the mass is there , I am worried about that too. They only told me to wait until HCG is zero .

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

It sounds like things will move alot quicker for you then they did for me. I took a little bit for my numbers to drop(hcg) . After that they said I could have sex. Sex has gotten better, it was painful at first. Now its just when I have an orgasuim, but the pain is short lived. We are still not trying to get pregnant obviously. I go to high risk pregnancy doctor next month for them to do testing to see if they can tell why I have been having problems staying pregnant. They told me some women take longer for there body to absorb the mass them others.. With your size and what I experienced it will probably just be a month or two. I think it would be a good ideal to get a private scan it will give you some peace.

Kriluma

Post by Kriluma »

Bloods today was HCG 31 . So Im hoping it will be over soon. Yes I am definetely booking a private scan and thinking to investigate as well as I had a Miscarriage also in December and then this. Im not gonna try to conceive this year anymore. Just need to heal. Its been difficult. All the best to you, I hope you get answers to why it has happened

CASSANDRA5

Post by CASSANDRA5 »

I dont blame you! Thank you, Goodluck to you too 💓