By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Periods after ectopic - pain in remaining tube

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Andrews92

Periods after ectopic - pain in remaining tube

Post by Andrews92 »

Hi all,

Firstly I just wanted to say how much this forum has helped me, I had an ectopic pregnancy and lost my left tube in November and these pages have really helped me with what to expect. I get the impression that it's such a small surgery for the NHS so you just get stitched up and sent off without much support, so it's been good to find that here.

I'm having my second period since the surgery and have noticed pain in both the surgery side, and my remaining tube. My actual period blood is quite dark/brown too and so I keep worrying I'm having another ectopic pregnancy. I started the pill a few months ago so it could also be my body readjusting to the hormones but it's so difficult not to be scared all the time.

Has anyone had similar symptoms after surgery?

Best,
Molly

EPT Host 20

Re: Periods after ectopic - pain in remaining tube

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Andrews92,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss and continued worries.
It can take a few months for periods to get back into a rhythm that is more normal for us, coupled with your new contraception, it could be why it is more painful than usual and why your loss is not as expected.
If the pain or bleeding worsens you could complete an early morning pregnancy test just to be on the safe side but if symptoms worsen or you are concerned, please seek medical advice.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

JEK-28

Post by JEK-28 »

Hi,

I am 8 weeks out from having my right tube removed. I am approaching my second period and am also having pain in my left side (remaining tube). It comes and goes but happens more in the afternoon/night. It feels like a twinge/pulling and goes inside my left thigh. I have been nervous about it but have taken a pregnancy test and it is negative. Is it normal to have pain in the remaining tube/ovary?

paulinavx_1

Post by paulinavx_1 »

Hi,
I'm over one year after right tube removal and I still have some occassional pains on that sight during ovulation, periods or after intensive training. It was more frequent within few months after surgery. I guess that this is due to adhesions or scar tissue that formed during the healing process. However, if the pain is really bad, getting worse or you're concern about your symptoms I would recommend you to talk to your GP.

Andrews92

Post by Andrews92 »

Hi all,

Just to follow up on my original post, I took a pregnancy test and it was negative, and I booked some scans at the doctor and they said everything looked fine, so I think it's just our bodies recovering after the surgery. I have pains again in my remaining tube today and I'm 3 months post surgery now

Hope this helps anyone else who's worrying x

katrina_96

Post by katrina_96 »

Hi @Andrews92, thank you for updating this post. I am 8 weeks post op for removal of my right tube and from ovulation until my period I seem to have pain also in my remaining tube. I’ve been worried sick but hoping it is just the norm post surgery. I’m terrified of loosing my last remaining tube.

Shatira1118

Post by Shatira1118 »

Hi all,

I am experiencing the same symptoms. I’m feeling slight pulling/tingling on my teaming tube (left tube). I have both ovaries and one tube. I scheduled an appointment to get scans done. I might get the HSG as well, idk. I know I’m not pregnant, as I’m not trying right now because I’m 6 weeks post op. I’m glad to know that I’m not the only one going through this sensation. I know how it is to worry about your remaining tube being healthy.

Amynaylor092

Post by Amynaylor092 »

Hi, just wanted to see if any of you ladies can give me any advice i had an eptopic pregnancy this December just gone so its been 5 months now and ever since then my periods have been more painful than normal mostly in the left side where the tube was removed i also get pains and discomfort in the left side when i am doing work in the garden or housework but this morning i got my period and the pain has been agonising so i am just wondering if this is normal to still be having pains? Has anyone experienced the same thing? I have called 111 i am waiting for them to call me back

adamcooper

Post by adamcooper »

Hi there I am so sorry about that. Actually I came to this forum to check out about Fallopian tube removal issues. As my wife had hemorrhagic corpus luteum cyst and the doctor had to remove her right tube.
The pain she has to go through has really broken me. Doctors say she has less chances of getting pregnant with just one tube intact.
Anyway my wife takes [url removed per Trust policy].