By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Discomfort after expectant management

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Kmw-89

Discomfort after expectant management

Post by Kmw-89 »

Hello everyone hope you’re all aswell as can be...

I received my blood results today and the HCG level was negative so it pretty much only took just over a week to resolve however I am still feeling a bit crampy especially on the side the ectopic was found should I be concerned??? My EPU have discharged me from their care and didn’t offer a follow up scan which would of give me full reassurance. I have no bleeding or discharge that resolved the other day..

Any advice would be amazing
Thank you xx

EPT Host 20

Re: Discomfort after expectant management

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Kmw-89,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
It is normal to experience some aches and pains following ectopic pregnancy as your body has been through a great deal. If your hCG level is negative, you are no longer at risk of rupture so it will just be everything settling down.
Unfortunately I am not medically trained so if you remain concerned, please seek medical advice as they should be able to out your mind at rest.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Kmw-89

Post by Kmw-89 »

Thank you so much for your reply Karen much appreciated... I am mentally drained I am worried about my fertility I have asked for a hsg test and was refused they told me they can only do this if I am unsuccessful again. All the EPU said was that as my levels are negative the pregnancy has completely gone but I am really anxious and scared something might still be stuck in there.. i no the embryo has completely gone as the lady whom did the other scan told me it wasn’t there anymore and it was just the rest that needed to come out. I was really expecting things to take a lot longer than this... would you say it’s a positive that my body cleared everything so quickly?? Xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Kmw-89,
Not knowing what is happening to our bodies can be extremely overwhelming and you have a friend here who understands.
In the UK, women aren't routinely offered further testing or scans following ectopic pregnancy. If the sonographer couldn't see any blockage in your tube on your last scan, I would take that as positive news.
The wait for 2 periods before trying to conceive is also important as it gives time for our bodies to recover.
The key to remember is to have an early pregnancy scan in any subsequent pregnancies. As soon as you know you are pregnant, contact your local EPU to inform them and book in for an early scan at around six weeks. Remind them of your previous ectopic pregnancy. This self refer route is the best route in our view. Hopefully you will have some comfort to know you are under the radar of medical professionals right away.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

lolly2481

Post by lolly2481 »

Hi. I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy on the 9th of December and was management by expectant management. My hCG levels dropped by early January and I have had a negative home pregnancy test and a period since then. I still have twinges of pain on the side of my ectopic. Nothing major. It's not severe and doesn't last long but is definitely still there. I think some pain is usual for a little while after. You are still in the early days of recovery so remember to be kind to yourself x