By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

I'd love advice to prepare myself

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Sally4ever

I'd love advice to prepare myself

Post by Sally4ever »

Hi all,
I had a partial tubal ectopic 2.5 years ago ,I'm 5w6d and went to epu due to history , hcg is at 2700, nothing was seen on scan , tubes and overys looked ok the uterus was empty, they just siad pregnancy of unknown location come backnin a week ....oh but if u faint or have severe pain it could be internal bleeding ...Great.....
I'm.wondering is this type of pregnancy always found ? Or can it be treated with drugs if its not found ?

EPT Host 22

Re: I'd love advice to prepare myself

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Sally4ever,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have suffered an ectopic pregnancy and loss. Many women, myself included, feel anxious during subsequent pregnancies. This is especially the case at the beginning, when early scans are valuable, but still may not be able to explain everything. 5w 6d is still very early to see anything from a scan. While I am not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation, it is good that you are already being looked after and have plans to return for another scan.

I know how hard it is to wait for more certainty. It's easier to say than to do, but try to take things easy right now. There is nothing we do to cause, nor anything we can do to prevent ectopic pregnancies. Its most important to listen to your body as it is going through this very important process right now. Upcoming scans are likely to provide more certainty on what is occurring and will offer the pathways for treatment.

No matter what, we are here for you and for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

miranda864

Re: I'd love advice to prepare myself

Post by miranda864 »

Hi

It's been a couple of days so hope your situation is going well since you posted.

Pregnancy of unknown location could be in the uterus but it is too early (5w is early although with hCG 2700 as you will know normally something could be seen) or could be outside the uterus. I have heard of there being ectopics which are not found on ultrasound. Best of luck with waiting a week but it does feel like a long time, if you want to I hope you can find somewhere to go for another scan sooner.

It does depend where the scan is done as some places don't know what they are looking for, I am not sure if yours was at an early pregnancy unit but they are more likely to know what to look for whereas some people (me included) have had funny results from other ultrasounds.

From what I've read online if it is of unknown location, they don't have to find it to treat it with MTX. But it really depends on the practice where you are unfortunately, I've heard some places don't like to use MTX unless they know it's tubal, whereas others don't like to do surgery unless they know where it is likely to be found. But in general, they will treat an ectopic even if it is never found, because it is too dangerous to leave (unless you have hCG significantly dropping so the treatment is expectant management). I have my fingers crossed for you and hope you have a really good outcome regardless of the situation.