By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Should I be concerned?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Caitlyn L

Should I be concerned?

Post by Caitlyn L »

Hello! My name is Caitlyn and I am 26 :)

Question: it’s been about 2 weeks since my surgery and I have been seeing some brown particles in my urine, but I am not experiencing any pain really with peeing. Color is yellow to light yellow depending on how hydrated I was. Occasionally I struggle with relieving my bladder all the way, so I have to sit there and wait and then I push and I pee and I feel like a short burn or pain? Idk it’s not terrible -nothing like a uti. When this happens though I can feel pressure or like pushing or stretching on both of my sides/back. Not low by my hips, this feeling is more midriff/ ribs? Idk. Today this stretch feeling hasn’t left. Is this concerning? Vagina is also having brown discharge , just a little bit, but I am not bleeding or spotting. I had an IUD in though for five years so maybe the brown is just my ph levels? It is not mucusy or thick discharge. Sutures healing great and belly is not swollen anymore - boobs back to normal and can sleep on all sides.

Story:I’ve been trying to deal with all of my emotions and get an understanding of what just happened. What happened was that I lost my right Fallopian tube at the age of 26 because of my IUD and there is talk of possible pcos? Psos? Multiple cysts on that ovary. And I have family history of endometriosis and other female issues. Anyways the point is that I’ve been trying to get a real answer about my chances of having children and how I should be feeling and emotionally what’s going on and basically my providers -a man- (when I constantly asked to have a woman OB/GYN!!)-said That pain is normal and some days I might feel “dog tired” but that I’m fine and I have nothing to be concerned with. None of that tells me what is good or bad pain or how I will feel and I am not fine. He had no empathy for me abruptly losing my Fallopian tube or open the possibility for me to talk about it. He just said” I’m taking your Fallopian tube,” after only seeing me for 10 minutes. But two days before I had been with my girl OB/GYN and she said I am eligible for the shot. So I couldn’t understand how in two days all of a sudden that option was gone -no discussion even with my hormones levels going from 4,092 to 3,932. Also, I ended up having nerve damage from this surgery and this man dr didn’t care. Told me not to be concerned. Why the [heck] not? What about a “how are you doing” phone call? So I am so glad I’ve found this site and you guys. I’ve felt like so many people have been making decisions about my body of which I had no control of. And then being left with no true information on after surgery symptoms and that I should stop worrying about what’s going on inside because My sutures look fine and pain is okay but it is also not okay. Especially with knowing that I may have PSOS or whatever it is for cysts. Like I have to be worrying about everything now and I just don’t understand how a dr could not take that seriously too. And then I found your site and everything is laid out including what I can expect for my future when I do want to have kids. What my partner and I are going through and a detailed list of after surgery. Thank you for that and thank you for you.

Thanks for listening to my story and for answering my question!
Caitlyn ❤️

EPT Host 22

Re: Should I be concerned?

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi CaitlynL,

I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss. Unfortunately, I'm not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation. This first bleed after treatment is a response to falling hormone levels and involves the shedding of the uterine lining and is not classed as a period. The length of the bleeding can vary from woman to woman and some women do report spotting and bleeding for up to around six weeks after an ectopic pregnancy. However, what you are describing might benefit from a follow up with your surgeon or GP for further review.

While many health care professionals provide excellent levels of care, sadly we do sometimes come across instances where the care is not as we would expect. I'm sorry that you have had to go through this. In terms of your circumstances, you may be aware that you can raise your thoughts via the Patient Advice and Liaison Service or PALS. You can find your local PALS here and it may be an avenue which can help:
https://www.nhs.uk/nhs-services/hospita ... n-service/

I'm glad that you have found the EPT website and these boards. They are safe spaces to share your experience and ask questions. We are united by a common experience. Please feel free to be here for as long as you need.

With good wishes,
Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team