By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

? Third ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
peanut123

? Third ectopic

Post by peanut123 »

Morning all,
So to cut a long story short, Iv had one ectopic with tube removal & one with methotrexate.

After intensive investigations I was told my remaining tube is too damaged to fall pregnant naturally & we are just starting ivf.

This week IV found out I'm pregnant :( but knowing I have a severely damaged tube can only mean one thing right ? Another ectopic!

Any advise? Or success stories? Iv already had bloods and a scan so it's just a waiting game now.

EPT Host 20

Re: ? Third ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear peanut,
Whispered congratulations on your pregnancy.
I know how worrying this must be for you given that you were told about the damage to your remaining tube, but you never know.
Try to keep a positive mind. If it is too difficult for you, then I will do this for you. Do you have follow up bloods or scans booked?
Unfortunately I do have to remind you to seek urgent medical advice with any abdominal pain, bleeding, shoulder tip pain or you feel dizzy and unwell.
Sending much love and positive thoughts,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Esb27

Post by Esb27 »

Hi Peanut,

What happened in the end?? Was it okay or did you end up having another ectopic?

I’m just going through my 2nd ectopic now, had my right tube out 3 years ago but this time opted for methotrexate to sort out the left out just in case the tube is miraculously okay (luckily this time round it hadn’t ruptured)

I have to ask as well, what investigations did you get done to check the health of your remaining tube?? The doctor said it wasn’t possible to check when I asked (I nearly went for complete removal as I was so worried it was damaged so would one day give me my 3rd ectopic) but I decided to give the tube another chance and took the injection instead. I would love to be able to find out if I made the right decision and to check the health of the tube. Please let me know your secrets!!

Thanks and hope you are okay.

lucyR85

Post by lucyR85 »

Hi Peanut123,

Like Esb27 I am wondering how things went for you? I do hope to hear a happy reply.

I also have had 2 ectopic. One dealt with by surgery and the other methotrexate.

I have no idea what state my remaining tube is in. Does anyone know how I can find out? Considering IVF. Is this the right/best path? I'm 36 next month so nearing that time where people start saying I'm too old! 😔