By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain and bleeding ongoing 2 weeks after csp

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Tpat40

Pain and bleeding ongoing 2 weeks after csp

Post by Tpat40 »

Hi folks
Its been a long time since I have posted on the forums, 2007 since my Mmc and last ectopic, which was treated with 2 doses of methotrexate and i went On to have my daughter in 2008, an other mc and then my son in 2011. I thought i was done with having kids so in 2020, after years of suffering with heavy periods and bleeding between cycles, i had an ablation to remove the lining of my uterus. This reduced my bleeding and i was getting on with life, until a opps evening with dh and i fell pregnant again. This was a total shock, i was immediately scared as with my history, i knew it was very unlikely the pregnancy was viable and the risks associated with pregnancy after ablation were quite dramatic.... anyway, 2 weeks on, i have pain in my left side and heavy spotting... i called epu who on scanning, were able to say the baby was 6w3days , heartbeat detected, but had implanted into my ceserean scar. They hadnt had much experience with this but i was admitted immediately while they came up with a plan. They decided on mva under ultrasound guidance and i was operated on the next day, they used a foley catheter to control bleeding and i was discharged the next day. Hcg levels have dropped from 38000 pre op to 7710 post op then 400 after 1 week, but i have ongoing pain which im taking cocodamal for as well as constant heat packs, the bleeding got heavy for a few days and and my gp suspected infection, so i have been on antibiotics for a week now. Bleeding has eased but still on/off and tends to get worse after a bowel movement. My hcg levels this week are down to 57, but they dont seem to know how to manage my ongoing pain. Just wondering if anyone has had ongoing pain and how it was managed? Im due back at work soon, as a lecturer and dont feel anyway ready and certainly dont want to be responsible for Students when i am still bleeding and taking pain meds.... any insight would be most welcome.

EPT Host 20

Re: Pain and bleeding ongoing 2 weeks after csp

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Tpat40,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancies and losses. To experience one loss is difficult to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you.
Unfortunately I am not medically trained and if your pain is not being controlled by the pain relief provided by your medical team, I would advise seeking advice from your medical team again. I would advise seeking urgent medical advice if the pain or bleeding worsens.
I would advise speaking to your medical team or GP about further time off work if you do not feel ready to go back to work, it is perfectly reasonable to request further time off until you feel physically and emotionally ready to return, it is important to be kind to yourself.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team