By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

I feel like I am killing my baby

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Loni

I feel like I am killing my baby

Post by Loni »

First time posting. After some light spotting the Sunday before last (28th), I had an early scan last Wednesday (31st). They could not find any sign of my baby, I was 6 weeks pregnant. After having my bloods done Wednesday, Friday, and again Sunday, my hgc levels kept rising. I had another scan yesterday, definitely no baby in the right place, and they think they can see baby hidden behind my ovary. But it can not be seen very clear to say for sure. My hgc had also increased again yesterday. Today I have seen the consultant and I am having methotrexate tomorrow. I completely understand the procedure, and why I am having it. This baby is not viable, it will not become the baby I had planned for to join our family (already blessed with a 5 year old and 2 year old).

But I just can’t shake the thought that that injection tomorrow is going to kill my baby. Even though its not even got as far as being a baby and never will. It just feels so wrong. I know I have to do it but it just feels like I shouldn’t be. Its mine. I made it. Its feeding off me. Yes so slowly that they don’t think it has a heartbeat yet and it would probably kill me before it did if left. But its there, starting out exactly as my other children did, just in the wrong place. And I am ending it. I completely know I have to do this and I can’t risk something happening to me by waiting any longer for nature, and it will never be a baby in my arms. But I honestly feel like I am a bad person for agreeing to this tomorrow.

Has anyone else ever felt like this? My partner and friends are being so supportive but I feel like I sound absolutely bonkers when I say letting them put that needle in me tomorrow feels like I am killing my baby :(

Sarahjones1

Re: I feel like I am killing my baby

Post by Sarahjones1 »

Hi

I'm so sorry for what your going through. I've recently had surgery to remove an eptopic pregnancy and I must have asked a thousand times if they could just move the egg into the right place, so your not silly for the thoughts you are having. I even talked to it before it was removed just to say goodbye but I wanted to hold onto it for as long as I could. You are being so brave for what you are going to do and just know that your health is the most important thing in order for you to heal. Wishing you well xxxx

Loni

Post by Loni »

Hi Sarah,

I never got round to replying as I was rushed to hospital shortly after my post. Never needed the needle in the end. How are you doing? X

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Loni,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I understand how you feel, I also experienced great guilt with this. I know our heads tell us we have to do this and our babies wouldn't develop properly and it can be life threatening to us, but our hearts feel otherwise.
All I can do is stress that you are not killing your baby and you are not Sending your pregnancy. The decision has been taken out of your hands by medical personnel to keep you safe. In time, These feelings do ease.
sadly there is nothing that could have been done to prevent this ectopic pregnancy from happening, I cannot emphasise, you are not to blame.
Be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

rosi3f

Post by rosi3f »

Hi,
I am so sorry about your ectopic pregnancy news.
Your story sounds incredibly similar to mine and what i am going through currently. I completely understand these feelings you have described and i too am feeling them.

I had the methotrexate injection afew days ago and i keep having little random breakdowns about killing my baby, it’s my first pregnancy and its heartbreaking, the unknowns about the future, knowing it’s unsaveable and I’ll never get to meet him/her. Do you feel this too?

It’s reassuring knowing there are others experiencing similar. I really hope you are doing as well as can be expected given the circumstances. All the best for the future

SarahHa

Post by SarahHa »

Hi loni,

How are you doing now?
I'm living an extremely similar situation and I've literally posted same heading for my question before reading yours. While it's sad we all had to go through this, I'm happy to know that I am not crazy or dramatic, and my feelings are felt by other women going through this same experience.

Sending you hugs