By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Covid vaccines after ectopic surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
stikl

Covid vaccines after ectopic surgery

Post by stikl »

Hi,

I keep thinking whether the blood thrombosis risk from Covid vaccines may be increased due to ectopic laparoscopic surgery?

Has anyone perhaps talked to a medical professional about this yet or found some good resources to read on this?

I think my vaccine is still months to go, but wondering whether the fact I had ectopic surgery in the last 3 months or so increase my chances of this vaccine side effect (I'm 30 yo).

Thank you!

EPT Host 20

Re: Covid vaccines after ectopic surgery

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear stikl,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Unfortunately I am not medically trained so cannot give you specific advice on your queries and I would advise speaking to your doctor.
From information released from the NHS, I am not aware of the clotting risk being increased following surgery.
There is more information on the vaccines and clotting here-
https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... d-clotting

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Berecca_1384

Post by Berecca_1384 »

Hi Stikl

I have been asking myself the same question,however I didn’t have any surgical procedures for my EP, only methotrexate. I did however ask the gynaecologists regarding Covid injections and they said it was absolutely fine to do so even before my hcg le els are back to ‘normal’.

As we live in France, the vaccine (who’s name I don’t think I can mention) that hit the tabloids regarding blood clots, is no longer administered to under 55s (apparently). Since the one beginning with P is used for healthcare workers, if you can choose, perhaps ask to get this one to put your mind at rest. That’s what I am thinking of doing. I am not a doctor though, so just an opinion here 😉😘 take care and do what feels right for you xxx

Nat81

Post by Nat81 »

Hi guys, I’m in the same situation. I’m currently being treated with methotrexate. The agp didn’t seem to give much information about the vaccine just to contact them when “situation improved” but the nurse at the early pregnancy unit said wait till they are at 25 and then book.

It’s hard to get a straight answer. Not sure if that helps, I’m based in the UK. My concern was I didn’t want to get symptoms/side effects and feel really unwell from the vaccine and that mask any signs of rupture as I’m still conscious that this could happen as my levels are decreasing but still “high” ( 900)

Drc

Post by Drc »

I had surgery for ruptured ectopic 4 weeks ago and had my 2nd covid vaccine 10 days ago with no problems. It was given at my local gp so I double checked I was ok to have it and they said fine (it was the Astra Zeneca one)