By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Positive pregnancy test after ectopic surgery

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Jenna01

Positive pregnancy test after ectopic surgery

Post by Jenna01 »

Last month I was diagnosed with an ectopic pregnancy and tube rupture. I was rushed into emergency surgery to remove that tube. It has now been 4 weeks and I have tested positive on a home urine pregnancy test. I know I can’t be newly pregnant again due to me and my partner not trying this past month while I was healing. My obgyn is sending me for a HCG blood test.

Has anyone else still had a positive Pregnancy test 4 weeks after ectopic surgery? How long does it take for HCG hormone to leave your system from an ectopic pregnancy?

EPT Host 22

Re: Positive pregnancy test after ectopic surgery

Post by EPT Host 22 »

Hi Jenna01,

I'm so sorry to hear that you have suffered this ectopic pregnancy and loss. I'm not medically qualified to comment on your specific situation. HCG levels can come down differently in each woman, but it is good that you have followed up with your doctors for a blood test. I would encourage you to continue reaching out to your medical professionals for follow up.

In the meanwhile, you have already been through so much. I know this additional situation can feel confusing. Please do continue to look after yourself and try to take things easy right now. Your body is still recovering, and the emotional recovery can also take some time.

No matter what, we are here for you for as long as you need.

With good wishes,

Michele

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards

During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Berecca_1384

Post by Berecca_1384 »

Hi Jenna01

Sorry to hear you’re going through this. It is such a rollercoaster ride.
A home pregnancy test can test positive from 25hcg some can test even below this amount. It might take your body time to get back to 5 or less Hcg which is when they consider back to ‘normal’ so to speak.

Let your GP know or the Gynaecologist who you have seen recently.
I hope all goes well for you as soon as possible. It is such a nerve wracking time.
Xxxx

Hols02

Post by Hols02 »

I have had both my tubes erupt although I haven’t done a pregnancy test after but the hospital told me it it can take up to 6 weeks for the hcg levels to go down to 0 so that’s why they are supposed to monitor you for 6 weeks with blood tests but unfortunately my jab worked but it took to long and it erupted so didn’t need anymore blood test. Hope this helps

Daivulia159

Post by Daivulia159 »

Im in the similar but slightly different situation. My ectopic has been treated 5 weeks to the day and my right tube has been removed too. I been told in the hospital that once it’s removed your normal hormone levels are basically start to coming back as soon as it’s removed . I spotted 5 days after the surgery and didn’t had period since January. Anyways i was testing every week (helped me to settle that it is really over) and first week post surgery my test already came back negative (i had really low hcg levels already upon the surgery so guessing it didn’t took too long to drop). Anyways week 2 and week 3 were negative too. But me and hubby had some intercourse 2 weeks after the surgery, not for trying to conceive purposes but just to see how do i feel. Anyways I tested as usual (must be still addicted :D) and on the week 4 hard to believe i seen a faint 2nd line! So ive done another test that evening and it came back positive before 3 minutes was up. I wasnt getting my hopes up so told my husband and he requested to do the digital one. Next day digital came back 1-2 weeks (which with my countings would of been absolutely right). I was in total panic mood and just started to cry, not because im not happy im just in so much shock of what is actually happening . So then a day later ive done the FRER and it came back positive as soon as it got wet! Like really positive, with my ectopic none of my tests came back more than just a faint lines. So as stupid as it sounds following day ive done another digital i had, which in my surprise came back 2-3 weeks. In that instance i rang EPU for their advice . They haven’t said much but booked me in for an early scan in 2 weeks time with the hopes they would be able to see something. Hopefully its where its meant to be. Ive done my last FRER this morning and the test line is very visibly stronger than the control and increased visibly since the 2 days ago one. Dont know how im going to last 2 weeks until appointment cause now any visit to the toilet is really frightening cause im scared to see any blood. But anyways thank you for reading my story and i wish you a speedy recovery emotionally and physically and wish you all the best. Hopefully you will get some answers from your gp or epu

Sam12341

Post by Sam12341 »

Hi all
We are on a similar situation. I just want to know the outcome of what happened next. Thank you ❤️