By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Emotionally Struggling 2 months after it happened

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Randallle

Emotionally Struggling 2 months after it happened

Post by Randallle »

Hi,

I had an ectopic 7th March where I had my left tube removed surgically. I was off work for 6 weeks and then I returned doing half days for the first 2 weeks. I felt like I had dealt with it all well and was starting to move on from it. However I started full days back at work this week and on my 3rd day back I couldn't stop crying at work and had to come home. It has all of a sudden hit me like a huge wave and I am confused as I thought I had dealt with it all.

Has anyone else been the same?

Thank you! Leah xx

snic87

Re: Emotionally Struggling 2 months after it happened

Post by snic87 »

I have literally experienced the same. I had my surgery 30th March, this week I did my first full days after phasing in for some half days. Yesterday I absolutely had a meltdown and couldn’t stop crying. It definitely felt like a wave of emotions and I thought I was doing well too before this happened. I know I feel sad but the explosion of emotion yesterday was a shock. I think the healing process for what we have been through will take longer, and some days we may be able to get through the day. Whilst on some others it may be harder. We have to be kind to ourselves and allow ourselves to feel in order to work through and heal. (This is the advice I was given today) I also got told it’s normal to let it out and better than holding onto however we feel.
Sending you love Leah.
Your question also helped me to feel more normal after what happened yesterday.
xx

Randallle

Post by Randallle »

Thank you so much! That's really reassured me that it's not just me that felt it! It was a huge shock, I couldn't control it! But today is a new day and I am up ready to face it! Sending you love! Xx

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear ladies,
It is completely normal to suddenly feel overwhelmed with everything you have been through, I did too.
All I can say is take each day as it comes, If you feel you need further time off work please speak to your GP who will be able to arrange this for you.
Be kind to yourselves and allow time to grieve, to heal both physically and emotionally.
We are here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team