By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Second ectopic? Please tell me no

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Caitlyn L

Second ectopic? Please tell me no

Post by Caitlyn L »

Had an ectopic pregnancy in the end of February 2021. 4 months ago now. Have been feeling soo much better especially this month(June). Until this week. Started feeling very bloaty and has problems and harder stomach and I finished my period by I am occasionally spotting and it’s brown. Sometimes a little bit red. Today June 27 th my boobs were very sensitive and now I have cramps on my left side which is the side where I have my last Fallopian tube. I lost my right Fallopian tube in February due to having an IuD and it bursting. So I only have my left one now and I no longer am using an iud but the arm implant. Still having sex but bf pulls out and so doesn’t finish inside of me. I took a pregnancy test early in the morning and it was negative. But I think I will walk in the clinic tomorrow during my lunch break just to be sure. Anyone else have these symptoms before finding out they had their second ectopic. Pain level is low but I am not waiting like I did the first time.
Caitlyn

EPT Host 20

Re: Second ectopic? Please tell me no

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Caitlyn,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and new worries, especially as you are doing all you can with regards to contraception. It would be extremely unlucky for you to have a second ectopic in this way.
Home pregnancy tests are pretty accurate but if you are concerned and your symptoms are worsening, I would certainly advise seeking medical advice.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

MrsLamb

Re: Second ectopic? Please tell me no

Post by MrsLamb »

Hi lovely. I have just found out today that I have had my second ectopic. This is my fourth pregnancy loss (two previous miscarriages). I had a ruptured ectopic in October and my left tub was removed and today I went to a and e with cramping, spotting and a very bright positive pregnancy test (despite being on day 20 of cycle). Turns out I’m actually 7/8 weeks pregnant form last cycle and the pregnancy is in my right tube. Blood tests coming back tomorrow and I will either have methotrexate or remove tube and be left tubeless. (I do have one son). I would definitely check out your symptoms- you just never know and the peace of mine is worth the hassle of going to the doctor.