By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Has anyone conceived via their ectopic tube?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Laura31

Has anyone conceived via their ectopic tube?

Post by Laura31 »

Hi everyone, I had an ectopic pregnancy last year and we've recently started trying again. I'm worried because since the MTX injection, I now get what I assume to be ovarian pain on the side where I had the ectopic which I didn't have before. Has anyone else had this and has anyone conceived via the tube they had their ectopic in?

Thank you x

EPT Host 20

Re: Has anyone conceived via their ectopic tube?

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Laura,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Many women experience ovulation pain following treatment for ectopic pregnancy when they haven't before, including myself. I do not think this has a direct link for chances of concieving again.
Personally, I conceived from the tube that I did not have my ectopic pregnancy.
If you are concerned about the pain, I suggest keeping a pain diary noting when the pain appears, the intensity on a scale of 0-10 and anything that helps the pain eg resting, hot water bottle, paracetamol etc. Visiting your doctors with this information helps them to assess how best to manage your symptoms.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Laura31

Post by Laura31 »

Thank you for your reply, Karen. Do you mind me asking how long it took and whether you had another ectopic or just the one?

EPT Host 20

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Laura,
I don't mind you asking at all. Once we were allowed to ttc, after taking folic acid supplements for 3 months, it then took 6 months before I successfully conceived. I have had two successful pregnancies following my ectopic pregnancy.

Making the decision to begin trying to conceive is an emotional rollercoaster compounded by our sad loss. Again, you are not alone. We here emotional support whenever you need us. There is a specific Preparing for your Next Pregnancy board you can look at too whenever feel ready.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Laura31

Post by Laura31 »

Really appreciate your response, thank you

miranda864

Post by miranda864 »

Hi Laura

I did ovulate the side of my ectopic with my current uterine pregnancy. No guarantee it went down the ectopic tube rather than the other tube (for my ectopic, I actually ovulated from the other side to the tube it ended up in - I don't think the tube and ovary always match!). But, I was really encouraged that this happened to me. I did wait a fair bit of time, slightly over 6 months after hitting hCG0 (there is some evidence a longer wait time might assist with healing, although probably not as long as I waited).

Since my ectopic I have had ovulation pain on whichever side I am ovulating on - this is common, as I have found out from the forum. I also had various twinges on both sides at random times, mostly the ectopic side. These made me pretty anxious. Had I known in advance I was ovulating on the ectopic side (by the time I get my pain it is too late as of course you shouldhave sex before ovulation), I would have probably skipped that month, but it worked out okay.

I actually think I felt round ligament pain sometimes. I don't know how or why when I wasn't pregnant but as described it seemed very similar to what I thought was my post-ectopic pain, and now I am pregnant again and got it again I was interested to read other women described experiencing this in the first trimester.

There is some info, although not much, available about tubes after methotrexate. I read a lot of this anxiously when I was thinking about trying to conceive again but I knew my specific answer wouldn't be in statistics and all I could do is just try again. I did, however, take steps to improve my very short luteal phase, which I think was a problem in my ectopic.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Calliepup

Post by Calliepup »

I’ve had an ectopic treated with methotrexate in both tubes.

My first ectopic was in 2014 and the advice then was to wait 6 months, I conceived on the 6th month from my right ovary, which was the side of that ectopic. My daughter is now nearly 6.

Then, we didn’t ttc until last year. I had a chemical pregnancy and then another ectopic, in my left tube. I had two doses of methotrexate and conceived 3 months after I got to zero. I’m currently 10 weeks pregnant and conceived from my left ovary this time!

All in all, I’ve definitely conceived from an ectopic tube since I’ve had one in both tubes now.

Ks210

Post by Ks210 »

Hello, I think I have - I had an ectopic on my right side last October, treated with methotrexate. Currently 28 weeks and ovulated from the right side (they told be at my early scan). I conceived in February, so 5 months after the ectopic, on the first month trying. I took 5mg daily folic acid for 10 weeks after hitting zero Hcg, and did a blood test from thriva to check my folate levels before trying again (they came back optimal - this really put my mind at ease).
Good luck lovely xx

Laura31

Post by Laura31 »

Thank you for all of your replies, it's so helpful to hear other people's experiences x

Laura31

Post by Laura31 »

Little update: I was pregnant a month and a half later in Oct 21. My little one was born May 22 and is almost a year and a half. I’m almost certain I ovulated from the side of my EP given the pain. This forum was a massive lifeline a couple of years ago, with so many reassuring posts - thank you! Wanted to share in case others come across this with similar fears. Xxx