By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Methotrexate

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Chichi

Methotrexate

Post by Chichi »

Hiya all I am day 4 of my second lot of methotrexate, currently sat in the hospital feeling like rubbish with awful pain. The nurse has spoke to the doctor who has asked for a scan to make sure nothing has changed inside for the worse .. my HGC levels are really high at 4264 that was last Thursday as they hadn't come down. Now I'm so scared he's going to tell me I need surgery ... I have so many worries including money as I earn the most in our household and really can't survive any longer then these 2 weeks of sick pay which is £96 a week I believe ☹

Bookworm

Re: Methotrexate

Post by Bookworm »

Hi

I didn’t want to just read and run. I’m on day 12 post second dose of methotrexate. My levels were similar to yours but not quite as high at 3888 and I was (and still am) experiencing the same worries.

I had another 2 scans since and everything has stayed the same, But my levels are dropping and as of yesterday they were 2121 so not going down as quickly as I’d like but they are dropping, I hope that can give you some reassurance. Depending what kind of job you do, you could potentially go back when you’re feeling well enough, I work in an office and went back on day 7 post second injection.

With regards to the op I was absolutely terrified but I spoke to a really nice doctor who reassured me that the laparoscopy is a really minor surgery and that after only 1-2 weeks I would be able to return to work, although full recovery can take up to 6 and obviously depends on how you feel physically and mentally. For me personally I feel mentally ok about it all now just want the physical stuff to be over and done with but we are all individual.

Here if you want to talk anytime.

Roisin_90

Re: Methotrexate

Post by Roisin_90 »

Hi, I thought I’d give you my experience.
This is my first ectopic. I was advised to go straight for the laparoscopy which I did and it wasn’t too bad. I was sore and tender for a day or 2 but was straight up on my feet and home the next day.
Unfortunately the surgery couldn’t find my ‘pregnancy product’ (as they call it) so I had to resort back to methotrexate today as my levels kept rising. My levels are 1054 and are showing no signs of stop rising.