By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Back pain

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Bookworm

Back pain

Post by Bookworm »

Hi

Has anyone experienced really bad lower back pain with their ectopic (mine is the left hand side). I’m day 12 post second injection of methotrexate levels as follows:

Day before first injection: 1600
Day 4: 2780
Day 7: 3888
Second injection
Day 4: 3754
Day 7: 3149
Day 10: 2121

Since the second injection I’ve noticed a lot of lower back pain on the left hand side. I had a scan this week and there is no free fluid or bleeding and the mass is still exactly the same it hasn’t got bigger or smaller (14mm) so they have ruled out rupture or internal bleeding.

Sorry this bit is a bit graphic: Yesterday I had period type cramps / contraction feelings and when I went to the toilet I passed a mass that I think looking online was the gestational sac. Abdominal Pain has got a lot better since passing that but I am still experiencing bleeding and this pain in my left side. It covers my lower back, hip, pelvis and even the top of my thigh and lower abdomen all on the left. I just wondered if this was normal as I did tell the doctors about this pain on Thursday but once the internal bleeding was ruled out they didn’t want to know.

I don’t want to call EPU as they told me on Thursday that if I needed an op in the next few days the only available consultant does not do laparoscopy and I would have to be cut open so I am avoiding going in until there is a different consultant available I don’t want to undergo major surgery unnecessarily.

Any advice or experiences much appreciated.

kayleigh1994

Re: Back pain

Post by kayleigh1994 »

Hi

I hope your doing ok! I had my first injection last Monday which is luckily working so far and especially in the first 5 days I had bad cramps/ back pain and some heavy bleeding. I took it as a good sign and my consultant said it would be normal to feel pain but if co codamol didn’t ease it then to go back. How you feeling today?

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

Thank you Kayleigh I’m sorry you’re going through it too but glad it’s working after your first one.

I’m still feeling rough but the pain is better today than it had been. Bloods have now dropped today to 1612 they were 3888 2 weeks ago when I had my first injection so that’s a good drop I think. Just feeling concerned now as my last scan has shown that the mass has grown again 😔

kayleigh1994

Post by kayleigh1994 »

Oh god I hope your ok! I would get it checked if in doubt especially with the mass staying the same size. Thankfully my first injection was all I needed and I’m down to a hcg of 6 today

Bookworm

Post by Bookworm »

That’s great news I’m so pleased for you!
I’ve been back and forth all week not got much further but my HCG is now 1328 so still falling very slowly.