By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain and bleeding 6 days post Op

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Geodan92

Pain and bleeding 6 days post Op

Post by Geodan92 »

Hello, I'm new here so I'm sorry if this isn't the correct place to ask,I found out I was having an ectopic pregnancy at 6 weeks 7/8/21 and had a laparoscopy and right fallopian tube removal on 8/8/21.
This came as an utter shock and I'm still finding it very hard to believe now my head is a complete mess and we are devastated with our loss, I'm struggling with the physical recovery as I wasn't given much information on what to expect in the next few weeks, could someone help me please, I've had very light brown bleeding the past week post op but today it's got heavier more red and pinky blood with tiny tiny clots, also bloating and aching pain, it almost feels like a period... Is this normal? I'm panicking that maybe because I went for a long walk today I've pushed myself or something, I just really don't know what to expect and it's scary it's bad enough trying to recover mentally but Im worried about my physical health too, can someone just explain what bleeding/pain/discomfort I should expect, just so I have some reassurance. Thank you so much in advance.

Purple259

Re: Pain and bleeding 6 days post Op

Post by Purple259 »

Hi

I am so sorry for your loss, I completely understand how you are feeling, the same happened to me in terms of it all happening so quick and not really understanding or having anything fully explained. I am 4 weeks post op and still struggling mentally with it all but physically I saw a noticed improvement from the beginning of week 3 but I was told not to drive for 6 weeks and no heavy lifting initially. I still get the odd aching if I over do it now but only very mild. I remember the first week and a half being horrible. Then on week 3 I had to take a pregnancy test to make sure it was negative and everything was then fine but if not I was told to contact the early pregnancy assessment centre (EPAC). Which I will warn you that test was mentally so difficult.

I did experience on/off bleeding for around a week or just over although I have been told the heaviness and length of the time differs for different people, I was also in alot of pain like period pain and bloating, when I looked this up I found that this is normal and meant to be because of all the air they fill you with while in surgery. I found that peppermint tea worked wonders.

If you are worried though I would go get checked out. Hope you are OK and that I was able to help.

Xx

Sarah2305

Post by Sarah2305 »

I went through the same thing on the 6/8/21. I had no pain prior it was just an early scan as I was so excited. The horrible news of an ectopic pregnancy hit me like a brick. I had never needed surgery and had never needed a hospital admission prior to this.
I’ve recovered well from surgery and actually finished my blood thinners this evening. I had bleeding a few days after. Small clots and this only lasted 2 days. They explained it would be like a heavy period. Which is exactly what it was. And It was manageable but heart breaking the first time I saw it. Almost like confirmed it had all happened.
I hope you are recovering well and have the support you need.

SarahHa

Post by SarahHa »

Hi Geodan,

I'm so sorry you had to go through this. O had the exact same thing on 11 August 2021. My hcg was dropping until it reached 22 then started having pain on my right side. Went to surgery and it was my right tube rapturting and they had it removed. I also bled after surgery (it only stopped 2 days ago). Its on and off. Im expected to have my first official period in 9 days. I'm currently having pain on my right side where it was exactly hurting me before surgery and tube removal. I'm very worried but I'll probably go test this week.

Please, keep us updated. Sending you hugs

Sarah