By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

IVF Ectopic Pregnancy

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LO_17

IVF Ectopic Pregnancy

Post by LO_17 »

Hi Everyone,

I Started IVF after 4 years of trying in April 2021, We sadly had an early miscarriage. In July we done a Frozen Transfer 5AA Embryo, which they told us was really good Quality. After finding out all our dreams came true and we were actually pregnant, at 6 weeks i started to bleed and had pain in my right side, i knew something was wrong i felt sick and anxious, i was diagnosed with an Ectopic pregnancy and put for Emergency surgery the same day to remove the pregnancy. unfortunately it also resulted in loosing my right tube, as the Doctor said there was no way of saving it as the pregnancy was too large. He confirmed that everything else looked super healthy, my ovaries and my other tube so why did this happen? Why did we have to be that small percentage after everything?

Its taken me about 3 weeks to heal from the surgery, but i keep having an overwhelming feeling of sadness, thinking about the baby we lost, my tube, the long journey ahead of us to finally have our rainbow baby. I feel Lost, i feel like im searching for some happiness and i feel guilty for any time i laugh or feel like Ok i think im doing ok. I just feel so lonley, I have my fiance and he has been amazing, hes so much more positive about the future and having another baby than i am. I keep feeling like is the world trying to tell me no? is it just not meant for me after all the struggles? Life is just so unfair.

Has anyone else experienced Ectopic with IVF? did you feel the same? I feel so alone, i feel that nobody understands, All i see plastered all over social media is pregnancy anouncments and baby posts and i really feel like im going insane, im so jealous its hard to be happy for anybody, i started to just feel so much hate towards it all

I feel like i just need to speak to people who feel this way too, who have been through the same thing and are feeling all these feelings!

Love to all you that have experienced such a sad loss, and hopefully our rainbow babys will be with us soon x

Joannamcewan1

Re: IVF Ectopic Pregnancy

Post by Joannamcewan1 »

I didn't go through IVF but i know what you mean about feeling so so sad. I also feel like it is plastered everywhere. Everyone ia having babies. I have been dealing with for 10 years now and its tough. Ive even started to not see friends because of it as i cant bare to be around their happy families with children. Which is so sad. This forum is so so important. I only found it the other day and it made all my feelinga validated.

LO_17

Post by LO_17 »

10 Years, you are so brave. Social Media is the worst, i have had to come off Facebook, Instagram as i cannot face all the announcments, it makes me so bitter and angry towards the people. Its just so so unfair! Something that has been made out to be so natural your whole life and then we are faced with years of disapointment and heartbreak. I hope you get your miracle soon. If you ever need to speak or rant im here for it x

maria5

Post by maria5 »

Hi LO_17,
I am very sorry for your loss and to hear of your difficult journey, and that you have been through surgery as well - I'm so sorry. We did IVF in April 2021 after 3 years TTC and it resulted in an ectopic. I was lucky not to need surgery and was treated with methotrexate. You can search for my earlier post about ectopic after IVF if it helps. A lot of things you said in your post are similar to how I feel. Any loss is devastating but I found everything we have been through over the past 3 years hit me as well. I feel like at every stage we have been in that 'small percentage', as you put it. Sending you strength. Happy to chat more. x

MrsLondon2021

Post by MrsLondon2021 »

I also had an ectopic after IVF this summer - i know exactly how you feel re the odds....

we only had a 10% chance of conceiving through IVF & 3 rounds later it didn't work. Egg donor IVF, 65% chance of success & a 2-5% chance of it being ectopic.... why do we have to beat these teeny odds??? its so so unfair...

You just have to keep going... sometimes life is incredibly cruel for no reason :(

Sending love xx