By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Period after ectopic

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
kayleigh1994

Period after ectopic

Post by kayleigh1994 »

I had a ectopic last month which was treated with one dose of methotrexate. The 16th august my levels were at a non pregnant level, I haven’t had a sign of a period yet and I’m worried, should it be anytime now?

EPT Host 20

Re: Period after ectopic

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Kayleigh,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
Our periods can take a while to re-establish and they can re-start once hCG levels have fallen below about 100mIU/mL and most women find that their period arrives some time in the four weeks after their hCG levels have fallen to 0 if treated with Methotrexate, this is however an average and some can take a little longer. I should suspect it won't be long now, but if you are concerned, please speak to your GP.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

kayleigh1994

Re: Period after ectopic

Post by kayleigh1994 »

Thank you. Period arrived today finally