By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Ectopic Egg Donor IVF pregnancy.. ready to share my story

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
MrsLondon2021

Ectopic Egg Donor IVF pregnancy.. ready to share my story

Post by MrsLondon2021 »

Hello...
It's taken a while for me build up the courage to share my story, and I do so partly for cathartic reasons and otherwise in the hope that it gives someone else some support too.

14th June 2021 was our early pregnancy scan day. Prior to this we have had 1 mc in 2017, 3 failed rounds of IVF 2018-2019 & a pandemic getting in the way - then finally we turned to egg donor IVF.

Everything had gone so smoothly, we had a 3 embryo and 1 was damn near perfect, after a text book cycle, 7 days after the embryo transfer we got a positive test. Blood test confirmed and early scan booked.

14th June, went and had the scan, which revealed absolutely nothing. No embryo, no sac - nada. Absolutely heartbroken & confused they took some bloods and sent us home.

Went to the pub and drowned my sorrows in a burger and a large Sauv.. just so confused. Halfway through lunch the clinic rang to say my hcg levels were 25,000 and to go and see our local EPU unit for them to investigate.

By random coincidence, I had kidney ultra sound scan booked that afternoon at my local hospital (endometriosis investigative) so I said we'd do that and head down to EPU after. We very nearly sacked it all off and ran off to the coast for the day, I'd had enough of being poked & prodded & at no point was the word "ectopic" used. Thank god we didn't as it may have cost me my life.

We went for the kidney scan, and I told the chap scanning my kidneys what had happened that morning. After he finished up he said - "let me have a little look & see..." and then there it was.. a little blinking bean with a heartbeat. Incredible...

I soon very quickly clocked on to what was going on... that blinking bean was not in my womb. They called a nurse from EPU who repeated the scan and confirmed and she sent me quickly to EPU. My poor husband in the waiting room had no idea, I had to tell him en route to EPU what just happened.... he collapsed in the hall in tears - utterly the lowest point of my entire life.

The rest is a bit of a blur, they were all frantically taking obs every 5 mins - it was dated 7w3days and I had zero symptoms. I was taken into surgery a few hours later and it was all over..

The care from our hospital was second to none - I have nothing but huge admiration and gratitude for all those nurses. They were waiting with a pack from the EPT on hand which was so useful.

My endo flared up terribly in the days to come, but all has settled down now - ish. End of October we are planning another round with a frozen embryo. I feel raring to go again but absolutely terrified in equal measures....

Thank you for letting me share and reading my story
sending love
x

EPT Host 20

Re: Ectopic Egg Donor IVF pregnancy.. ready to share my story

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear MrsLondon,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and losses. To experience one loss is difficult, to deal with multiple losses is heartbreaking and my heart truly goes out to you, especially after all you have been through.
From your own words, I can tell it was a frightening and devastating experience for both yourself and your partner and I am sorry you have had to go through this.
Above all be kind to yourself and allow time to grieve,to heal both physically and emotionally.
We will be here for you for as long as you need, and I will be personally sending positive thoughts for your next embryo transfer.
Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team