By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Doctors unsure if Ectopic or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Megan1991

Doctors unsure if Ectopic or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

Post by Megan1991 »

Hi everyone,

On Friday I was told they could not rule out an ectopic pregnancy as they found follicles and then a small black hole next to one during my internal scan. I could clearly see the screen and they are still unsure if it’s another follicle or ectopic.

I initially thought I miscarried 4 weeks ago.
I started blood tests on Thursday 30th September and have had these every 48 hours since.
They were 47,51,45,41,37. Today they were 70 which I am baffled with.
I have had bleeding since Tuesday 14th September. This stopped yesterday so I was really hopeful that my hcg would be much lower today.

I have a meeting tomorrow to discuss the jag but I wanted to flag up my concerns, the bleeding and also the fact I am 100% ovulating right now.
I have no pain and no bleeding.
Is ovulating possible and has anyone else experienced something similar?

Thank you in advance x

EPT Host 20

Re: Doctors unsure if Ectopic or not 🤷🏻‍♀️

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Megan,
I am so sorry to hear of your loss and that I didn't get to this post sooner.
I hope you have more answers by now.

Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team