By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Pain on the opposite side

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
LMuz32

Pain on the opposite side

Post by LMuz32 »

Hi all.

I had an ectopic in July at approx 6-7 weeks and had expectant management. Since then I’ve had ovulation pain and painful periods (which I’ve read is to be expected). However the strange thing with my pain is that it tends to be the Opposite side to the sight of my ectopic. Has anyone else experienced this? It’s almost like my left side is in pain in sympathy for my right.

I’m also feeling very down this week. Overall I’ve been quite positive and optimistic about chances of conceiving again but this week I’m due on and with the baby loss awareness week I am feeling a little vulnerable.

Thank you for listening.

EPT Host 20

Re: Pain on the opposite side

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear LMuz,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
I even occasionally now get some ovulatory pain when I didn't prior to my ectopic (11years on). I have no idea why some months I do get it and others I don't and it's not always the same side either. It does not necessarily mean anything is wrong, but if you are concerned about the pain, please speak to your GP or medical team.

It is perfectly ok to feel down. Anniversaries and occasions like baby loss awareness week can be stark reminders of what could have been and it can be overwhelming. I still feel emotional during these times. It's ok not to be involved, to turn off social media and reminders of it helps. It's also ok, to speak out and become involved. Do whatever you need to, to protect your heart and we are always here for you whenever you need friends who understand.

Sending much love and warm hugs,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Bookworm

Re: Pain on the opposite side

Post by Bookworm »

Hi

I had surgery 7.5 weeks ago and my pain has always been on the opposite side since I came out of surgery. I don’t have any answers for why I’m afraid but just thought it might help to know you’re not alone. Xx