By registering on our forum, you can view and contribute to more topics on ectopic pregnancy. Your details are confidential and we do not send unsolicited emails. For your confidentiality, you can choose your own forum name to protect your anonymity if you so wish. If you register, there is no obligation to post; you can simply take comfort from the words of others. It is entirely up to you whether you post a message or read others' experiences or do both.

Has anyone experienced a healthy pregnancy after an ectopic?

This is a welcoming place for you to ask your questions and share your knowledge and experiences of ectopic pregnancy.
To keep this as a safe space, before being able to post freely, an administrator will need to activate your account and authorise your first post.
Staceymona

Has anyone experienced a healthy pregnancy after an ectopic?

Post by Staceymona »

Hi All...
My names Stacey..

I have 3 children already girl 10, boy 6, girl 4. Prior to my first child I suffered 3 miscarriages. 2 years ago I found out i was pregnant but having another baby was never on the cards and because I knew how much my family hated my partner I knew everyone including him would be disappointed in me if I decided to keep the baby. I put everyone's thoughts and opinions infront of my own and at 7 weeks decided to have a termination. From that day I've lived with regret. Fast forward 2 years. 2 weeks ago I found out I was pregnant again (again with the kids dad) but this time I decided not to tell anyone.
I found out the day I was due on my period. A few days after I started spotting (which I've bled throughout all my pregnancys) but tried to remain calm.
A few days later u had pain which lasted for 4 or 5 days which I put down to trapped wind. I went and brought medication for trapped wind, it started working however the pain was still there. Later that night on day 5 if having the pain i went toilet and was bleeding quite a lot if fresh red blood so I went hospital where they send me for a scan 2 days after.
They couldn't find a pregnancy in my womb however seen something in the right side. Long story short the following day they rushed me for surgery taking out an EP and my right tube. I've never felt so alone. Seeing me in all that pain my kids dad dropped me off on the hospital path and went to take his other kids mom out for the weekend for her birthday. I never heard off him until I had surgery and was discharged, to which now he's blocked me like I'm in the wrong. My sisters have never been any further away from me and I can't help but feel so alone.
I also can't help but want another baby.
My question is I'm 31 with 3 kids
Has anyone had any luck on a normal pregnancy following an ectopic?

EPT Host 20

Re: Has anyone experienced a healthy pregnancy after an ectopic?

Post by EPT Host 20 »

Dear Stacey,
I am so sorry to hear of your ectopic pregnancy and loss,
You have been through a huge amount in such a short space of time and it is very normal to feel overwhelmed. From your words, I can imagine how frightening the experience must have been and I am sorry you have had to go though this.

People certainly do have successful pregnancies following ectopic pregnancy. We have other boards with success stories of you want to read them. The chances of a further ectopic after a first in UK is 10%. So that's 90% chance of the embryo being in right place next time.
While generally it is possible to conceive after an ectopic pregnancy, the amount of time it takes varies from couple to couple. Factors include age, general health, reproductive health and how often you have sex, among other things. It may be comforting to know that 65% of women are successfully pregnant within 18 months of experiencing an ectopic pregnancy and some studies suggest this rises to around 85% after two years.

Take the time you need to recover right now too, it sounds like you have a busy house.
This is general advice I give to ladies following surgery and I hope it helps-
Experiencing an ectopic pregnancy is a huge ordeal and you are in the early stages of recovery. Your body needs time to heal from your surgery which is in itself a gruelling task. You have also had to process the loss of your baby and been through an immense rollercoaster of emotions - all of this will take time to come to terms with.

You should take it very easily for about six weeks after surgery. Your body will be using its energies to heal internally. It is normal to feel physically and emotionally exhausted during this time and please do be kind to yourself. Recovery can take time and some days will be better than others, one day you maybe ok and the next you maybe in discomfort or more emotional. This is perfectly usual and the healing process will go back and forth in this way for however long you need. It is important to listen to your body's signals and pain and feeling tired are your body's signs to tell you to rest. We suggest keeping a healthy balanced diet, drinking lots of water and resting. Once your wounds have healed, very gentle exercise such as a short walk can help, but please do take this slowly.

We will be here for you for as long as you need,
Sending much love,
Karen x

The Ectopic Pregnancy Trust
Registered Charity Number: 1071811
Ectopic pregnancy patient information suite: Highly Commended in the 2019 BMA Patient Information Awards
During the coronavirus outbreak, The EPT team is still working hard to provide crucial information and support to women and families experiencing ectopic pregnancy as quickly and efficiently as we can.
If we have been able to help you, are you able to help us with a small donation or by volunteering or fundraising?
Further information is available at ectopic.org.uk
Email us: ept@ectopic.org.uk
We provide a call-back helpline service: 020 7733 2653
Take a look at our newsletters and subscribe to our mailing list here: https://mailchi.mp/986bdd6091ee/ectopic-matters
Detailed medical information can be found on our website. Please remember online medical information is NO SUBSTITUTE for expert medical advice from your own health care team

Eddy625

Re: Has anyone experienced a healthy pregnancy after an ectopic?

Post by Eddy625 »

Hi Stacey,

I’m so sorry for your loss and that you are feeling so alone. Please take time to heal and find in your mind and heart what future you want. Love yourself and your 3 children.
I have had 3 ectopic pregnancies and no children of my own. It’s been so hard for me and my husband. I don’t know what I would do if I did not have him as my rock to lean on.
My first ectopic was conceived with a man (child more like it) very similar to your story and I’d never felt so alone, scared, and helpless.
You need a rock and if you can’t find one don’t settle for someone less. My heart breaks for you being abandoned at the hospital and going through all this alone. love yourself so hard you become a diamond like coal under pressure. You have support here and you have friends here.